St. X Coaching

There has been some talk about X getting a new OC and keeping their DC on staff. What other moves are going to take place for Coach Wolford's first year at the helm? What is schedule going to look like for the Tigers in 2013? Which players are going to step up? What kind of support will Coach Wolford have from the alum, faculty, and administration?

Since the high school football season is officially over I figured I get talking about next season to find a way to get it here quicker!! :thumb:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been some talk about X getting a new OC and keeping their DC on staff. What other moves are going to take place for Coach Wolford's first year at the helm? What is schedule going to look like for the Tigers in 2013? Which players are going to step up? What kind of support will Coach Wolford have from the alum, faculty, and administration?

Since the high school football season is officially over I figured I get talking about next season to find a way to get it here quicker!! :thumb:

Schedule gets tweaked some. Fern creek and doss now replaced with Ballard and fair dale. Possible lex cath first game ?

IMO the jury remains out on all coaching positions. Not sure those decisions have been made

The skill players will be in a position to make plays fom all over the field next year

With the utmost respect for coach G as a great role model , Everyone I know that has kids in the program welcomes the change and is looking forward to a new regime

How many "para professionals" will they have on staff? If the HC and the coordinators are all para professionals it will be interesting to see how that works.

Do any other top programs have that many para profesisonals in key coaching positions?

Just read on Twitter @ESPN_BigTen that Will Wolford may be headed for Purdue. That could change things up.

Sent from my Samsung Stratosphere using Forum Runner

Was told from a very high source at Trinity, that said person felt, Will would never coach a down at X. That this was a tactic, to get Glaser out....so they could bring someone else in.

Was told from a very high source at Trinity, that said person felt, Will would never coach a down at X. That this was a tactic, to get Glaser out....so they could bring someone else in.

LOL I am sure if you want the facts go to a high source at T not at St.X this may be the one of if not the your worst post ever!

This hire always felt like a weird situation to me as well. Never felt like it was anything more than a show. Wolford never seemed enthusiastic about coaching their, just never seemed like a good fit.

Yes, but he did a really good job getting kids to take the test at St. X. They assembled what is right now a very solid group of freshman kids for next season! Still haven't enrolled but at least took the test at X.

Yes, but he did a really good job getting kids to take the test at St. X. They assembled what is right now a very solid group of freshman kids for next season! Still haven't enrolled but at least took the test at X.

I've heard that this was the reason for the hire. To me, it always seemed like too big a gamble for X, given his minimal experience as a coach of teenage kids. I always wondered if there soimething more to it, something behind the scenes. I guess we shall see.

So let's say that the hiring of Will Wolford was more of a publicity stunt than anything else, where would X go from there? Would they bring back Coach Glaser?

I am at a loss as to why this conversation exists. This is humorous. Coach Wolford IS head football coach at St. Xavier and is putting the finishing touches on his coaching staff. It will be impressive when done.

I am happy to report that we it now appears that some coaches have been asked to remain on in their previous capacity, or perhaps in a new role ...many have accepted and are looking forward to 2013 under coach wolford's leadership !!