St. X Coaching

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am at a loss as to why this conversation exists. This is humorous. Coach Wolford IS head football coach at St. Xavier and is putting the finishing touches on his coaching staff. It will be impressive when done.

I am happy to report that we it now appears that some coaches have been asked to remain on in their previous capacity, or perhaps in a new role ...many have accepted and are looking forward to 2013 under coach wolford's leadership !!

Are you saying there is zero "truth" to the Purdue rumor?

Clyburn and Polston are in contact with Petrino.

Man, I would love to see that. I had heard Polston was getting interest from WKU before Taggert left. I think Cyburn is a steal for someone and Western would do good getting him. He is the real deal.. He is D-1 material under the radar.

8th Grade parents and players both seem to be star struck by Coach Wolford and his background at the NFL Level. Seems as though the Tigers will be also having one of the best coaching staffs in the nation when it comes to high level football experience. Lots of ex-NFL guys in contact with Wolford about a spot

8th Grade parents and players both seem to be star struck by Coach Wolford and his background at the NFL Level. Seems as though the Tigers will be also having one of the best coaching staffs in the nation when it comes to high level football experience. Lots of ex-NFL guys in contact with Wolford about a spot

Ex-NFL players may not make them good high school coaches. They have knowledge, but they have to be able to teach their knowledge. I hope it all works out for the Tigers!

Exactly! Theres a lot more than just football that goes into high school coaching. It will be very interesting to see the transition to a level of football that they haven't been associated with since their playing days themselves. (Especially the non-st. x coaches that have had no taste of the rivalry or what it means to the community)