Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Next Boone County Head Coach

Featured Replies

Rick Thompson is moving up to the college ranks after coaching at Boone County since 1985 and being the head coach since 1998. Who will be the next coach at Boone County?

  • Replies 151
  • Views 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wonder how many will apply? I mean Brossart had 35 applicants for their opening.

Should be interesting to see all that apply.

Hope they get someone who does something else besides run the ball.

If Brossart got 35 I would have to think a school the size of BC would have at least 50 if not more.

It may not be a premier or marquee job (and Iam not sayin Brossart is and BC is not and vice versa) but I think it draw alot more interest then people might think...

 

Numbers are numbers and they dont lie

and we will all be suprised by the amount of interest imo

  • Author

^ Plus I believe Boone County is a well paying school district. There will be a lot of applications.

Will they hire a para-professional or will they require him to be a teacher?

Will they hire a para-professional or will they require him to be a teacher?

 

I am sure that if at all possible they will try to find someone who works as a teacher or in some capacity at the school. I would think they would only go the para-professional as a last resort. Most schools prefer to have their head coaches in the building with the kids throughout the day. Just my opinion.

I don't recall who the OC is at NCC is but that fellow has proven he can develop a QB and a pass offense.

I don't recall who the OC is at NCC is but that fellow has proven he can develop a QB and a pass offense.

 

^^^ I'd have a hard time believing that Eddie Eviston wasn't handling that. Lots of times (and, this very well may not be the case and if it's not, my utmost apologies) coordinating "titles" are given (more for resume builders for that coach than anything), but the actual coordinating is handled by the head coach (at least on one side of the ball, some still call both when it gets down to it). And, with Eviston's background as a great QB himself and play calling ability, I just have a hard time believing that he wasn't actually the one running the show on offense.

Hope they get someone who does something else besides run the ball.

 

They have a great Football Coach in their system already. A guy who coached in the BCPWFL for a long long time and is a winner. He used to also coach Ryle Softball when they won the State Championship. Bill Matteoli

 

I don't think they'd choose him, but he is a great football coach and great offensive minded coach too.

^^^ I'd have a hard time believing that Eddie Eviston wasn't handling that. Lots of times (and, this very well may not be the case and if it's not, my utmost apologies) coordinating "titles" are given (more for resume builders for that coach than anything), but the actual coordinating is handled by the head coach (at least on one side of the ball, some still call both when it gets down to it). And, with Eviston's background as a great QB himself and play calling ability, I just have a hard time believing that he wasn't actually the one running the show on offense.

 

I think you are correct the last 3 years Eddie Eviston was the defacto OC and called the plays. Prior to Eviston it was Dave Schneider, who I would think is the leading candidate to return to that role for Coach Wagner. Either way Dave isn't going to go to Boone.

I am sure that if at all possible they will try to find someone who works as a teacher or in some capacity at the school. I would think they would only go the para-professional as a last resort. Most schools prefer to have their head coaches in the building with the kids throughout the day. Just my opinion.

 

Agreed. Just curious if Boone School Board allows it.

Agreed. Just curious if Boone School Board allows it.

 

Warner is a para, so they allow it.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.