Miles Simpson

uk#1fan

Sounds like Miles is playing some good ball here is what Joker said about him.

One of the position changes of the spring involves trying redshirt freshman Miles Simpson at the hybrid safety/linebacker slot that Guy is playing. Simpson came in last August as a running back, moved to safety during the 2010 season and now appears to have found his home closer to the line of scrimmage.

“I really like moving Miles Simpson to that position,” Phillips said. “He backs up Winston Guy and moving him closer to the ball makes us more athletic also. He does (have the natural playing instincts). That’s what we like about him. He’s really fluid in his movements at linebacker. He just has to learn our whole package.”

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year somebody on here said Miles would never see the field. Looks like he will get plenty of playing time this year and probably start next year!

I said he'd never play offense for UK. I think you disagreed.

He could always get switched back you never know but UK likes the smaller backs though.

He was never going to play RB. He doesn't have SEC speed and he's not a fullback. He can be a really good safety.

Regardless of what happens on the offensive side of the ball, I believe that he has great potential as a defensive player and will be a solid contributor in the near future.

Agreed. Not sure he'll start this year, but I hope he does. Not a fan of how Winston Guy plays and I'd be pleased as punch to see Miles out there in his spot if he can play the position better.

Regardless of what happens on the offensive side of the ball, I believe that he has great potential as a defensive player and will be a solid contributor in the near future.

Agreed. Not sure he'll start this year, but I hope he does. Not a fan of how Winston Guy plays and I'd be pleased as punch to see Miles out there in his spot if he can play the position better.

Agreed on all accounts, Simpson is still technically a frosh, but I hope he get's a chance to shine.

I agree LN.

He was never going to play RB. He doesn't have SEC speed and he's not a fullback. He can be a really good safety.

Doesn't have the speed? You have to be pretty fast to play safety in the SEC Miles is plenty fast I seen him practice as a RB and he was just as fast as the other running backs.

Doesn't have the speed? You have to be pretty fast to play safety in the SEC Miles is plenty fast I seen him practice as a RB and he was just as fast as the other running backs.

Might be straightline fast enough, but to play RB you have to have a really quick change of direction, good hips, excellent vision, good side to side quickness. The fact that he got moved to safety rather than corner, is probably an indicator that he did not have the athleticism to play RB, I would guess. I have not seen him play live, but that would be my guess. How big is he? That may have alot to do with Safety vs. Corner. But alot of the same athleticism you need for RB in the SEC is what it takes for Corner, though most corners have more speed than the majority of RBs out there.

But I will say this, as a former RB if he can catch on at Safety he could be a real player. Lot's of good safeties were converted RBs.

I think he has a chance to be REALLY good at the S position. It will get him on the field faster.