Myrtle Beach Vacation Recommendations

Watusi

OK, we're leaving mid next week and I thought I'd bring this back up.

Gimme your restaurant suggestions / reviews.

Also, if there are any attractions you especially enjoyed, tell me about it. We want to go parasailing, and maybe a 1/2 day fishing trip. We will definitely do some pier fishing also.

Its about time you spend some of that money you old tight wad!!!! We took a spur of the moment mini-vacation to Myrtle Beach Memorial Weekend for about 5 days (no kids), going back July 2nd -9th (with kids). Have a GREAT time, relax, and enjoy yourself!!!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have not been to Myrtle Beach in a few years. I always enjoyed staying in North Myrtle Beach and dining up at Calabash or staying down near Pauley's Island and eating at Murrell's Inlet.

Good grub down there. Peel and eat shrimp, oysters on the halfshell, and crab legs. Good stuff!

Sea Captain's House in Myrtle Beach would be a recommendation. Good food and nice view of the Atlantic.

Hope I'm not too late to help you out, but I second the recommendation on the Sea Captain's House. It's a bit pricey (even by MB standards) but the seafood is excellent, IMO the best on the beach. The view is almost as good, as it's ocean front and the whole back of the place is a window.

Hard Rock and Margertiville are chains you may have had before, good experience, but expect a lengthy wait at both. They're part of a nice outdoor mall area though, so you can make an evening of it.

A couple suggestions I haven't seen listed are the Chesapke House (sp) and a Italian place right next to it. Both are on Kings Highway toward the north end of MB. The former is a great seafood place. Nothing trendy about it as it's been around 30 or 40 years. It's just very good. The Italian place has been around forever as well, and it is also very good. We quit going there several years ago (no fault of the place, just others in the group decided Italian night would be great to do at the condos). I can't remember the name of the joint now.

Planning on a bit of golfing are ya?
I don't think that would be wise. I blew a knee out that last time I went bowling. If I was to go and do some golfing I'd probably end up in traction! :D

We eat a lot of seafood when we are at the beach. My kids both LOVE crablegs and Mrs 2C and I love just about all of it. I appreciate the suggestions, keep em coming.
Watt usi, a short drive to Murrels Inlet jus south of Myrtle is well worth it for the seafood lover. There are several seafood restaraunts there. I personally recommend Drunken Jacks[t/B], imo by far the best in the Myrtle Beach area. The Chesapeke House in Myrtle Beach is awesome as well, it is very expensive though.

You staying in Myrtle or North Myrtle? If north, the Boundary House just over the SC/NC line in Calabash is really good. The Dockside on the same road is good as well.
:thumb: There are several good ones in Calabash area.

Another good place is Drunken Jack's in Murrells Inlet.

My favorite, that is a must for us anytime we go to MB.

Dick's Last Resort is a fun place for dinner. The food is just ok, but the waiters insult the customers and make them wear paper hats with various sayings on them. We laughed the entire time we were there.
We went there one time, I personally hated the food, thought it was terrible. It is a theme restaraunt in that they do yell insults across the room at the customers, imo it is more of a place for the young/college/party type crowd. I did have some fun with a waitress that yelled out as we were leaving " Hey jerk, is this the only lousy tip that you can give me??" I immediately repled with "Oh yeah, I forgot.....don't eat yellow snow. As for the service, I really over paid you." :D

BTW, what was it, full contact bowling? :lol:

:lol: You have to be tough to bowl in that league.

Better stick to the beach.

BTW, what was it, full contact bowling? :lol:

It was an illegal chop block that got me! biggrin.gif

:thumb: There are several good ones in Calabash area.

My favorite, that is a must for us anytime we go to MB.

We went there one time, I personally hated the food, thought it was terrible. It is a theme restaraunt in that they do yell insults across the room at the customers, imo it is more of a place for the young/college/party type crowd. I did have some fun with a waitress that yelled out as we were leaving " Hey jerk, is this the only lousy tip that you can give me??" I immediately repled with "Oh yeah, I forgot.....don't eat yellow snow. As for the service, I really over paid you." :D

:lol: You have to be tough to bowl in that league.

I guess I wasn't tough enough! lol.gif

Mr. Fish is great. It looks like a hole in the wall but it was great food.

Sarah J's in Murrells inlet was good as well.

A couple of locals have suggested Mr Fish. Sounds like a hidden secret we may have to try.