Myrtle Beach Vacation Recommendations

Watusi

We are going back to Myrtle Beach for the first time in 5 or 6 years this summer. We are looking for the right place to stay and other fun things to do.

I'm sure the area has changed some since we were last there.

Right now we're thinking of Dunes Village Resort. Our kids are 8 and 12 and this place really looks fun for them. http://www.dunesvillage.com/

Has anyone stayed there before? Would love to hear your opinions.

If not, what are your recommendations for hotel or other activities?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just at Myrtle Beach for the Beachball Classic. We stayed at the Crown Reef Resort. It is on the far South end of Myrtle Beach. All rooms are ocean views, right on the beach. Our rooms had microwave, stove, frig. coffee, and 2 queen beds. If you go to the site, there are link you can click on to get discounts...I got the Sr one...over 55..:D

We ate twice at BigDaddys Steak House...it was very good and the prices were good too.

Didn't do much else but go to ball games and do some shopping. They have some nice outlet malls.

I can vouch for Crown Reef, it is a great place to stay. Very nice pool area too if memory serves me.

Yes they really looked nice when we were there, but it was too cold to think of going swimming. They have 3 towers. Tower #1 is the oldest, so if you could get in tower #3 it is more updated.

I haven't been to Myrtle Beach in quite a while. The last few times I stayed at general hotels. A long time ago I stayed at a resort called Captain's Quarters and it was nice for any types of vacation. A friend of mine went to it two years ago and said that it was pretty nice.

Crown Reef is nice. We've also stayed at Coral Beach Resort before, which had good family packages. We're focused mostly on the kids having a good time so we want something with a lot of kid friendly amenities. The water slides/pool areas look awesome at Dunes Village, and that is what is attracting us right now.

We will eat out every night, so I'm all ears on your all's suggestions of where to go. We all like seafood, and we love Original Benjamins for that. We also like steak/Ribs, etc. and Italian food.

I haven't been to Myrtle Beach in quite a while. The last few times I stayed at general hotels. A long time ago I stayed at a resort called Captain's Quarters and it was nice for any types of vacation. A friend of mine went to it two years ago and said that it was pretty nice.

Captain's Quarters was pretty rough when we stayed there just 3 years ago. I wouldn't go back.

Crown Reef is nice. We've also stayed at Coral Beach Resort before, which had good family packages. We're focused mostly on the kids having a good time so we want something with a lot of kid friendly amenities. The water slides/pool areas look awesome at Dunes Village, and that is what is attracting us right now.

We will eat out every night, so I'm all ears on your all's suggestions of where to go. We all like seafood, and we love Original Benjamins for that. We also like steak/Ribs, etc. and Italian food.

Crown Reef is nice, but it is a huge place. We like the smaller ones now, but it is nice. We like to eat at T-Bonz, Margaritaville, Dick's Last Resort and Hard Rock Cafe. We love Myrtle Beach.

Benjamins is awesome

Captain's Quarters was pretty rough when we stayed there just 3 years ago. I wouldn't go back.

Thanks for the info; guess I won't be going back if I do again. The last time I was there was in the early 90s, things could have drastically changed since.

Lot of the resturants where closed when we where there for the Beachball. They were to open up in Feb. Like I stated eariler, BigDaddys was a good steak place. I got Prime Rib and it was great. Price good too. Others got the ribs...they said that were awsome.

• 4 months later...

OK, we're leaving mid next week and I thought I'd bring this back up.

Gimme your restaurant suggestions / reviews.

Also, if there are any attractions you especially enjoyed, tell me about it. We want to go parasailing, and maybe a 1/2 day fishing trip. We will definitely do some pier fishing also.

OK, we're leaving mid next week and I thought I'd bring this back up.

Gimme your restaurant suggestions / reviews.

Also, if there are any attractions you especially enjoyed, tell me about it. We want to go parasailing, and maybe a 1/2 day fishing trip. We will definitely do some pier fishing also.

Have fun. I've never been to MB so I've got nothing for you other than good wishes. Tell your boy HSSRB and I said hello.

Have fun. I've never been to MB so I've got nothing for you other than good wishes. Tell your boy HSSRB and I said hello.

Will do Clyde, thanks. We will be going to Savannah for a couple of days at the tail end of this trip also, I have a new great-nephew I need to see.