Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

stripedshirt

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by stripedshirt

  1. Tabloid headline.......Siamese twins joined hip to shoulder: Attend different schools!!
  2. Pep Rally before sleep over at the Sandusky's?
  3. Correction. 35-14. I'm checking out.... Wife and daughter are ready to head home.
  4. 36-14 Russell after taking 4 plays to score from the one yd line. 7:18 left to play.
  5. 28-14 Russell after 2pt conversion
  6. 20-14 Russell 7:34 left in 3rd. Missed extra pt
  7. I believe if GCHS follows only the bolded advice above, then Hicks would be excluded from consideration.
  8. Headaches come with every coaching job....Greenup may have had more than their fair share lately...but at a school the size of Greenup, Zornes would be a great hire in my opinion.
  9. I wonder if Roger Zornes had any interest in this job?
  10. If the ball is deflected into the basket 2pts should be awarded regardless of who deflected it. It must be a "try for goal" to warrant 3pts.
  11. So hoopit, if you, Mr. AThletics, and I are calling a game together and I miss an obvious walk on one end, are you guys going to let one go uncalled on the other end?
  12. I suggest speaking to the coaches of the teams that played these games. Maybe you could give them some help in teaching proper defensive play.
  13. They do have a very good team.....a pure point guard will be a big asset.
  14. Pre game radio interview w/Fraley said he had a nagging ankle sprain so they decided to keep him off of it for a few days.
  15. Really fun game to watch. I came away thoroughly impressed with 0 and 40 from Elliott. If they learn to value their possessions a little bit more they will be difficult to deal with.
  16. Sounds like a great game......Thought Ashlands guard play might be too much for Lewis w/o Smith. Hampton always gets the best out of his kids.
  17. If in fact kids are being held back for academic reasons then it would be naive to to think they would simply repeat the prior years lessons. A repeat of the year would allow kids who may have been a bit behind to reach the level of others while kids who were achieving at grade level could be further challenged. Both of these examples would potentially result in higher scores on achievment testing during the 7th grade. Schue I agree with you that education has long been an afterthought in this state but with funding being tied more closely to performance I believe my scenario is not too far off base in some cases. As far as holding kids back for athletic reasons, I think it is ridiculous in most cases. You would be hard pressed to convince me that it is of much benefit athletically to the child.
  18. I think an increase in the number of middle school kids we see being held back (statewide, not just in Eastern KY) could be attributed to the increased emphasis on achievement testing. If I am not mistaken there is another round of important testing in the 7th grade. One more year of instruction goes a long way. The results of such tests can have a great impact on a district and their finances. Lets face it the strongest motivator is the all mighty dollar.
  19. I'm kinda surprised......He commented to me a couple months ago that he planned to coach this year before calling it quits.......
  20. I dont think you will find any "opposition" in my post Scooterbob. I am in full agreement that the achievements of Ms Queen are worthy of being honored. I am simply trying to shed some light on the fact that there is a right way and a wrong way to handle such a situation. During a District tournament or regular season game it is easy to show up on game night and work out the details. During a Regional or State Tournament you must cut thru the the "bureaucratic red tape" as you so aptly referred to. Do I agree? No.... Does my or your opinion really matter? No....Trust me, the red tape is not imagined. Perhaps if you follow the remainder of the tournaments this week you will see another presentation being made. When/If you do, why not ask the participants in said presentation what steps were taken to make it happen? Just wanted to share another perspective to some who may have their focus narrowed by the paranoia.
  21. Oh yeah.......I forgot about the conspiracy against Rose Hill.
  22. You are speaking of a completely different tournament.......the Regional Tournament is more closely governed than are district tournaments. While I cannot say there is a specific rule with any greater authority than you can say there is no rule, I would suggest there are other factors to consider. One example would be the fact that the KHSAA has a corporate sponsor responsible for all trophies and awards that are to be given during the tournament. Please consider the fact that there could be a certain protocol to follow when such a presentation as you describe is requested. I tend to believe if this was a well thought out and PLANNED presentation, the KHSAA would have had no problem with it but you cant simply wait until the tournament begins and say, "Hey, we want to present a plaque tonight."

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.