Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

East Carter 74 Elliott County 73

Featured Replies

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounded like a great game in Sandy Hook, Barnhill and Knipp showed why there the two best players in the region. Knipp with 32 points and 13 boards, Barnhill with 30 points and 9 boards.

Sounded like a great game in Sandy Hook, Barnhill and Knipp showed why there the two best players in the region. Knipp with 32 points and 13 boards, Barnhill with 30 points and 9 boards.

 

I agree, great showing by both big men.

Congrats to the Raiders.

Way to go East Carter.

WUGO had major technical difficulties. Was very frustrating to listen to. From the best I could tell East was without their starting point guard Robinson. Can someone verify that?

 

Also sounded like only 3 Elliott players scored. Something like 32, 21, and 20 with Knipp from Elliott taking 39 shots in the game!

 

Many people started rumors that Knipp would transfer from Elliott after the last years graduates. I never bought into that...why?...many high school players play their entire career without taking 39 shots in a varsity basketball game but Knipp may get to do just that nearly every game! Amazing!

Elliott didn't look their best tonight but had a lot of bright spots. Jacob Ison played a career game with many more to come; one of the best big men in the 16th region( I would love to know his stats and rebounds). Barnhill was a stud and Elliott really had no answer for him in the first half, but made some halftime adjustments and played him better in the second. Timmy Knipp really had an off night forcing bad shots and picking bad times to try to take over the game. Elliott will surprise alot of teams this year I look for them to only loose about 6 or 7 games going into District. Hats off to East because they came in the Hook and got a win in a hostile environment! But IMO they really played above themselves tonight and shot above their team average. Good game and I hope tomorrow night will not be so close. Elliott is young and will be a solid team at the end if they play their cards right and the kids bye into the system. Timmy had an off night and it will be scary for a lot of teams when he has a Timmy Knipp night; if he would have made half the bad shots he took he would have had 50. And the scary thing is they are all juniors and with a couple more players playing some key roles and trying to find a 6 and seventh man sky is the limit. Go Lions!!!!!!

11-39... that reminds me of an Allen Iverson box score

congrats to East Carter on a good win to open the season.

 

 

I am a Elliott County Fan and I am impressed with the play of the lions. It is early in the season and I look forward to them growing from this game.

 

Good luck Lions

That felt like a late January game. I liked it. I picked East by 7-10 points, so I am pleased. However, every time we lose to East a little piece of me dies inside :)

 

Excellent game by the Raiders though. I imagine that they will lose very few games in the Region this year. Both teams were really fun to watch.

Great win by the Raiders, great game to watch! Maybe some of the best head to head big man performances many will ever see. One great play after another, Barnhill's one dribble drop step to the middle for a two handed jam with Knipp going for the block and Knipp sizing up Barnhill on a breakaway pin on the board (was called for a foul but was impressive to see two guys meet at the top of the square like that). Won't see many players go head to head like that in high school ball ever.

WUGO had major technical difficulties. Was very frustrating to listen to. From the best I could tell East was without their starting point guard Robinson. Can someone verify that?

 

Robinson did not play, he's out with an ankle injury. Hopeful to return soon.

Um.... I thought East handled the ball very well. They were quick and composed. With the starting PG in the lineup, then undoubtedly you would have added an even better backcourt.

Hey Spindoc wonder why Amos has not posted on this game. He may be out looking for the people he said on the prediction post that told him this years Elliott team is better than last years.:lol::thumb::rolleyes:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.