Everything posted by Kentucky1
-
East Carter 74 Elliott County 73
congrats to East Carter on a good win to open the season. I am a Elliott County Fan and I am impressed with the play of the lions. It is early in the season and I look forward to them growing from this game. Good luck Lions
-
Ballard at Elliott County
I dont think that the bus ride will have anything to do with the outcome of the game. I heard from a reliable source that Ballard is driving down Friday and staying the night at the Laurel Gorge Inn. They should have time to get over the car sickness some have mentioned. Good luck Elliott!!! If Elliott keeps from turning the ball over more than 10 times and the rebounds are close to even then I will take Elliott by 3-5 points. But my prediction is Ballard by 7 points
-
Jonathon Ferguson 16th region scoring
Does anyone know how close Jonathon is to the all time 16th region scoring record?
-
Elliott County 86 Mason County 71
Good Game Elliott. Forced a lot of turnovers. I didnt see that coming.
-
Mason County vs Elliott County 2/10
If Elliott is hitting 35-40% of there 3-point shots in this game I think that it will be a close game with one of them winning by 3 or fewer. If Elliott is not shooting well from beyond the Arc then I see this game being a 20 to 30 point game. I hope not though.......good luck Elliott. It will be a tough win for Elliott because Mason is a good rebounding team and they do not turn the ball over that much. That means that Elliott will have fewer second chance shots and fewer possesions due to Mason turning the ball over fewer times that most teams that play against Elliott.
-
Boys Sweet 16 Bracket
I dont mind a blind draw. no matter how you look at it, to win it all you have to beat the best teams. So why not play them first and get it over with. you would face them soon enough anyway.
-
Elliott County vs East Carter (canceled)
I agree with you matlock. I hope that Elliott will have thier mind on the game at hand. I venture to say that they will though since this is a rivalry. Good luck Elliott. My guess is Elliott 88 and East Carter 73. I think they will play them closer than any game they have plays thus far.
-
Elliott Co. 107 South Charleston, WV 84
Nice win for Elliott. Hope that SC's coach gets well. heard that he had a heart attack or something a few days before the game. This was a good team that Elliott Beat. Congrats:thumb::thumb::thumb:
-
Elliott Co. 132 Boyd Co. 67
Good game and Congrats to Elliott County. Boyd is having a down year but I bet we dont see to many of these type years at Boyd County.:thumb:
-
Elliott Co. @ Boyd Co.
is this game still on for tonight? I'll take EC by 62
-
Elliott Co 85 Morgan Co 62
does anyone have stats
-
Unfair coaching?
:thumb: I agree with you exactly. I was a player that sat out a year and tried coming back. When I tried to come back my senior year to play I felt like I should run harder, play harder and have to do more work because I missed a whole year of what my teammates went through. I felt like I was behind on my skills, conditioning and just a step slow. All I am saying is that I bet the other teammates that have been there the last 2 years would be upset if one of these kids got to play and they didnt. Maybe this was a way for the coach to see if the other teammates would step up and run with them or say something on there behalf. Maybe he was just seeing if the rest of the team wanted these kids on the team? He could have been trying to build some team chemistry? You never know unless you are there witnessing the whole situation. If the coach is doing this to try and run these kids off and doesnt have any other expanations then I do think it is wrong. I also think that we question what or why coaches do somethings maybe a little bit to much. Maybe we should trust our caoches a little bit sometimes.
-
Elliott Co.-- Evan Faulkner Commits
Congratulations. Very much deserved. If anyone has ever earned a D-1 Scholarship this young man has.
-
Mason County 66 Elliott County 62
:thumb: :thumb: Great Post. I believe that you had to make a choice on who to help off of and by the percentages I believe the correct defense was played. Good luck Next year Elliott and thanks for a great season!!
-
East Carter/Elliott Co updates
Thanks for all the updates
-
East Carter/Elliott Co updates
Actually Being from Elliott I Hope that we do face Rose Hill again. Those kids would have something to prove. I would rather face Rose Hill again then to face East Carter again in the regional
-
East Carter/Elliott County Predictions
I think that Elliott will win. I do not think that they will win by as many as last time. East is playing better ball now but I think that they still have a long way to go to play with Elliott day in and day out this year. But anything can happen between to rivals. atleast they were rivals when I played in the 90's. GO Elliott................hopefully by 27+
-
Who is the best basketball official in your region?
I agree:thumb:
-
Elliott County 78 Huntington High 62
This is probably the true'est and best post I have ever seen on here. Great post and I agree 100%.
-
Elliott County/Christian County updates
I think that the final score was 72-63 elliott.
-
Elliott County/Christian County updates
Elliott up at halftime 45-30 Ferguson has 23 points Evan Faulkner has 17 points.
-
2007/2008 Elliott Co
I did not say that they needed a 6'5" 220 lbs 8th grader. I am just saying they need some one who isnt affraid to be physical inside that has some size to back it up. I wouldnt care if he is a senior. They can play physical but they do not have the big body( but they definitely do have the heart) that can play 30 minutes a game. I think that Timmy knipp is great the way he is. I am not saying he needs to change. His role on the team is not to be a big body and bang with the big boys.
-
2007/2008 Elliott Co
I Really do not think that Timmy is 6'7". Even if he is he needs to put some wieght on. He does play very well at is wieght though. But I just wish that we had some one around 6'5" 220-245lbs and a rebounder and defender. That is the type of size I think that they need. THis is just my opinion. I guess that there really is not to many teams that have this either. But to compete night in and night out, My opinion is that they need this.
-
2007/2008 Elliott Co
I think this is a very talented, quick gaurd oriented team. I think that they lack the size inside (mainly for defense) to compete with the top teams in the state. Dont get me wrong I love to watch them play and will be cheering them all the way. IMO they have one of the top 5 back courts in the state.
-
Does anyone know who made the all tournament team?
I was Just curious if anyone has a list of who made the ALL (state) TOURNAMENT TEAM?