Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is the best basketball official in your region?

Featured Replies

In your opinion, who is at the top in your area in calling a good basketball game? Show some love to the official that is best in your region and give them there props here.

 

IMO - in the 8th region there are few good ones, but the best is Coldiron.

  • Replies 342
  • Views 50.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like John Chamberlin in the 10th. I spoke with him last night. Many know him and know he is out this year do to medical reasons. Best wishes John and get well soon.

Mike Alderman is "The Best" official in the 16th by a landslide! IMO! I haven't saw him this season hope he hasn't quit!! He calls the whole game the same way uninfluenced by

players, fans, importance of game, coaches as he's passing their bench, time on clock, etc., etc., etc.

16th-We don't have a best, but the less bad is Bobby Hall

 

9th is the same. I'd be ashamed to pick up my pay if I were these guys.

16th has several Kenny Clark, Tom Sparks, Dave Anderson, Steve Greenhill though is probably the best but we have several decent officials that call the game consistent and fair both ways!

The only one besides Bobby Hall I would even think about putting on that list is Kenny Clark

16th region----I revoke my right to remain silent..............and just say..........

"C' None of the above......final answer.

In your opinion, who is at the top in your area in calling a good basketball game? Show some love to the official that is best in your region and give them there props here.

 

IMO - in the 8th region there are few good ones, but the best is Coldiron.

 

I agree, hands down.

 

Good thread, BCB! :ylsuper:

16th region----I revoke my right to remain silent..............and just say..........

"C' None of the above......final answer.

 

I totally agree...If there are any great refs in the 16th i havent saw them yet...There always seems to be multiple missed calls and alot of times the game doesnt seemed to be called the same on both ends of the court

I really like John Chamberlin in the 10th. I spoke with him last night. Many know him and know he is out this year do to medical reasons. Best wishes John and get well soon.

 

I agree 100%, great with the kids too.:ylsuper:

Even though many of you feel there are no good officials in the 9th Region, I have to disagree. There are several fine officials with Jon Campbell and Tim O'Hara at the top.

  • Author
9th is the same. I'd be ashamed to pick up my pay if I were these guys.

 

I think Tim Ohara is a good official, and he is in the 9th.

Officiating basketball has to be the hardest job---much tougher than football, baseball, softball ect. You can't call every little touch or bump. I think the good officials work a philosophy of "advantage/ disadvantage". I know the 8th and the 9th regions are much better than it used to be years ago. They all try to do a good job but at times it is difficult. The key is being consistant in both halves and from game to game.

 

If anyone out there wants to give it a shot, I am pretty sure the KHSAA would help you get started.

 

Some of the best I have seen are Ernie Ligon, Steve Kellam, Terry Coldiron, Dave Watkins, Brian Sandlin, Sean Knollman just to name a few.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.