Who is the best basketball official in your region?

Morgan County had the Bluegrass Basketball Association crews for a few games over the past few years and always thought they did an outstanding job. I think a few games in which Morgan Co. lost were actually very well officiated games.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bluegrass Basketball Association has several good officials. They work both the 10th and 11th regions so it is hard to narrow to just one region.

Here are a few that come to mind in no particular order.

Cary Lyle

John Chamberlain

Bo Queen

Bart Lenox

Eric Thornsberry

Don Werner

Kirk Hudson

Clayton Brooks

Several other good ones but don't know all names.

I agree.

I meant to say the 3 stooges not the 3 referees. IMO you need to let the kids decide the outcome and Scott County probably still would have won.

Don't know what game you were watching, but the officiating was not bad during this game. I just happened to be at this game and it was the missed free throws an missed shots that made this game so aweful..Both teams did not really play well. I for one was there as an unbiased spectator. Officiating was not that bad.

I have heard the same complaint for years in the 9th region. T"he officials in the 9th are too whistle happy, causing a problem for the team representing the 9th down state come time for the Sweet 16." While I cannot say I have bought into it, the fact the 9th has produced only 1 state champion certainly seems fishy. Bottom line is calling a basketball game is not easy. The players are so fast and quick it is hard to get them all right. As a fan, I only wish for consistency.

Anybody have any idea who this was? I know of a couple tall blonde guys that officiate in the 9th, but I think a couple of them do pretty well.

O'Hara IMO is the best the ninth has to offer. Jon Campbell does very well too most of the time.

Call me crazy but I don't think Poucy does a great job. Not gonna go into detail, and I don't think he is the worst in the region, I just don't think he is the best either.

For the record I have been to a lot of games in the ninth this season and probably the best, most consistant I have seen was done by Campbell and Lohr as far as 2 man goes... I haven't seen a ton of 3 man...

The tall blonde guy who officiated the Highlands/CovCath game was Henry Drees.

I remember him in the late 80's, very professional and takes it very seriously. I saw where Charlie Chappie got inducted into the NKY sports HOF.

O'Hara still is very professional and takes it serious. Yes, congrats to Charlie.