Who is the best basketball official in your region?

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9th

Jon Campbell- He is doing some D3 college games now so he doesn't have as much time for HS Basketball. Still the best in my opinion.

Dan Sheilds- Very good with the coaches and players. He lets you talk, as long as your not being smart with him.

Dave Canaract-Style very much like Sheilds. He lets you ask questions from what I can tell and knows the game well.

As for Tim O'Hara, when I played I thought he was one of the best ones, but I really haven't been impressed with him over the past few years.

Mike Alderman is "The Best" official in the 16th by a landslide! IMO! I haven't saw him this season hope he hasn't quit!! He calls the whole game the same way uninfluenced by

players, fans, importance of game, coaches as he's passing their bench, time on clock, etc., etc., etc.

He has quit.

16th has several Kenny Clark, Tom Sparks, Dave Anderson, Steve Greenhill though is probably the best but we have several decent officials that call the game consistent and fair both ways!

Those 1st two are HORRIBLE and the other two are very average!

Pouncy in the 9th. O'Hara is still doing games? Jon Campbell has become a very good referee, he doesnt take any crap and is of the mold of Pouncy.

No way. Pouncy is not good at all. He does a poor job in HS and at SOS in the summer.

Jon Campbell is the best in the 9th. I think he achieves a very high rating and gets to do the state tournament it seems every year.