Who is the best basketball official in your region?

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 13th region released the offcials rating today they are. No kidding.

The top 12 are.

1. Glen Gray

2. Kevin Hembree

3. Brent Grey

4. Mike Philpott

5. Mike Ashurst

6. Darrell Wilson

7. Steve Brock

8. Mike Bates

9. Don White

10. Tim Kelly

11. Jenifer Hilton

12. Charlie Kirk

Will there be any in this group at either state tournement.

Well well it looks like things are changing. Has Frank and Jesse lost their stronghold of the past 20 years???? Don't agree with all of this list but it is good to see change every once in awhile. Does anyone know if the 13th is keeping their own officials in the region or trading with someone? If they are trading where are they going, and who from this list will work boys and who will work girls. Very interesting post is this information is Official!!!:dancingpa

The top 12 are.

1. Glen Gray

2. Kevin Hembree

3. Brent Grey

4. Mike Philpott

5. Mike Ashurst

6. Darrell Wilson

7. Steve Brock

8. Mike Bates

9. Don White

10. Tim Kelly

11. Jenifer Hilton

12. Charlie Kirk

Sorry I don't know the names, but the crew who handled Franklin County/Lafayette a week or so ago did the best job I have seen. Hardly noticed them, but the game stayed in control, and neither side had any more gripes than the other. First rate.

Sorry I don't know the names, but the crew who handled Franklin County/Lafayette a week or so ago did the best job I have seen. Hardly noticed them, but the game stayed in control, and neither side had any more gripes than the other. First rate.

Hey Doomer, Called a friend that officiates in the BBA. He checked around and found out it was Bo Queen, Bart Lenox and Larry Lewis.

I have said before Bo and Bart are at the top if not the tops;)

The top 12 are.

1. Glen Gray

2. Kevin Hembree

3. Brent Grey

4. Mike Philpott

5. Mike Ashurst

6. Darrell Wilson

7. Steve Brock

8. Mike Bates

9. Don White

10. Tim Kelly

11. Jenifer Hilton

12. Charlie Kirk

Promise me this is not 100% true? Bubba, hear Estep is not calling next year as well as a few others. Don't know who would know the top 12 other than Canady. If all this is true don't blame some of the guys not calling any more. This just shows that the system needs to be changed because the real refs aren't getting what they deserve, really hope that this is a joke. Glen is good but there is know way he should be number one after not calling for 4 or 5 years. I just don't know how guys that call on the upper levels, college, are not at the top, they are in all the other regions why not the 13th. To much political BS I think. Glad they are leaving the region cause this list wouldn't be the best for the 13th, sorry 15th region. By the way I would put money on this list that not one will go to the boys state,(other than Ashurst) if so the KHSAA is doing a injustice to the sweet 16!!! :laugh:

Hey Doomer, Called a friend that officiates in the BBA. He checked around and found out it was Bo Queen, Bart Lenox and Larry Lewis.

I have said before Bo and Bart are at the top if not the tops;)

Thanks! Now they have names....kudos!:ylsuper:

When Clark County played Lafayette the officiating was awful. Not just not calling fouls but very inconcistent. The players could touch someone and get a whistle then on the next series someone get wiped out and get a no call. It is hard to play when they do not establish the way the game is going to be called early. Unsure who the 3 were. They should NOT be on the Good List. There effort and ability should reflect in their pay. Im sure anyone at that game would agree.

When Clark County played Lafayette the officiating was awful. Not just not calling fouls but very inconcistent. The players could touch someone and get a whistle then on the next series someone get wiped out and get a no call. It is hard to play when they do not establish the way the game is going to be called early. Unsure who the 3 were. They should NOT be on the Good List. There effort and ability should reflect in their pay. Im sure anyone at that game would agree.

Good, Most fans don't know a good game when they see it called. Those two coaches in that game probably would know more than anybody. I have been at games when the crowd goes nuts over a call and the coaches don't say a word because they know the rules more than the fans do. Most officials, I have been told by many of them, look at advantage and disadvantage.Sometimes there may be something happen totally outrageous, but no one gained an advantage and a no call was the end result. I myself have complained at times but after talking to some of my official friends have gained a new insight on what they are looking for.