Who is the best basketball official in your region?

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody from 16th region back in the early 90's remember a referee with the last name Dixon? For the life of me I cannot remember his first name and I should....how could you forget someone as bad as him, not only in basketball but in baseball as well.

I think you are referring to Ron Dixon and he has been out of officiating for years. I think the thread was asking for the best official anyway......

Mr Dixon was NEVER the assigning secretary for basketball.......he was an assistant to the assigning secretary. He has not been involved in high school basketball in atleast 3 years.

My bad just trying to be helpful, knew he was involved somehow. He WAS the assigning secretary in volleyball for a few years.

In your opinion, who is at the top in your area in calling a good basketball game? Show some love to the official that is best in your region and give them there props here.

IMO - in the 8th region there are few good ones, but the best is Coldiron.

I figured this thread would run its course, but thought I would energize it since we are coming in the home stretch of the season.

Went to the All "A" Tourny last week and got to see alot of the games just to see some of the smaller teams from the state.

Saw some great games and some good officiated basketball. Although I am sure alot of the fans from each school will disagree, but was there as a non biased basketball fan with no ties to any school.

As your post stated, Out of the 8th region, Terry Coldiron did a solid job all week. Also thought the young guy out of the 15th, I think his name was Webb, did a solid job. He worked the Finals with Bob Hall out of the 16th, Along with the Barnes guy out of the 1st Region. Thought the Finals was well officiated and did not have any bearing on the outcome of the game. I think this is what basketball should be like.;)

Also the Queen guy out of the 10th and 11th regions did a fine job in both games I saw him work. He worked probably two of the harder games in Gallitin Co./Hazard and the UHA/Paintsville games. I am a fan of the 11th region so I could honestly watch these games and enjoy them. I probably see him more than the other guys, and as I watched the game, saw alot of the same calls made and let go that I usually yell at him for. But from a non biased fan saw that they were RIGHT in these games. I guess I should not yell any more. He did a great job and I felt he represented our 11th region well. He is one of our regions better officials that is assigned alot of the top games.:thumb:

Also the lady that did the finals on Sunday had a very good tournament.

And the O'Hair guy that worked the girls final was solid all week. Thought he made some gutsy calls in finals that the other two passed on.

Lets here from the rest of you guys on the positives and not the negatives of this thread.:thumb:;):D

• 2 weeks later...