Who is the best basketball official in your region?

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask him.

Just for kicks I DID ask him.......Bob says he has not worked a single JV game in KY this season. Not sure where you get your facts but you better double check. I also spoke to the President of the local officials association about the number of officials. He (Steve Greenhill) indicated that their numbers were up from previous years by a good amount. He did say that a few "Varsity" officials have worked some lower level games but it could be for a variety of reasons. He also said that the association goes by the rule that if you are a member then you work whatever level game you are assigned....your not just a "Varsity" official or just a "Junior Varsity" official.....you are a NEKBOA official.

Well in the 13th Region I think Tom Greer is by far the best Ref.(Eric Canaday used to be but he has moved on to bigger and better things.) He is in Great shape get's up and down the court never converses with the fans,has thick skin,and is a coach himself which I think makes him have more respect for the coaches in the games he calls. He calls it like he see's it and if I'm not mistaking I don't think he has ever giving a T. My second choice would have to be (___gray)not sure of first name and no not the blow up National Army guy (Brent)..oh well here's my list...

1.Tom Greer

2.____ Gray

1969..........................................................................................Terry Nelson

Just for kicks I DID ask him.......Bob says he has not worked a single JV game in KY this season. Not sure where you get your facts but you better double check. I also spoke to the President of the local officials association about the number of officials. He (Steve Greenhill) indicated that their numbers were up from previous years by a good amount. He did say that a few "Varsity" officials have worked some lower level games but it could be for a variety of reasons. He also said that the association goes by the rule that if you are a member then you work whatever level game you are assigned....your not just a "Varsity" official or just a "Junior Varsity" official.....you are a NEKBOA official.

THANK YOU!! I tried to tell HOOPS this but I guess she thought I was just making it up.

I know for a FACT it was Kenny Clark, and the kid he T'd up was an 8th grader from WC. That is a fact. Ask Perry Yates. The ratings are what they are....I know virtually all of the veteran officials and most of the coaches as well. Iwill definitely take into consideration their views/opinions before I would yours.

Perry Yates is the freshman coach at Russell, Todd Parsley is the JV coach. Are you sure it wasn't a freshman game you saw Kenny Clark call? Whether it was a JV game or freshman is irrelevant, the timing of the "T" is irrelevant. Are freshman and JV players immune from recieving a technical? Can a technical not be called at any point in the game? I'm sure that it was warranted if called by Kenny Clark, whether it was the in the 1st minute or last minute. A "T" can be called at any time and at any level.

Cat in the hat do you have a fever or sicknes that you are suffering from. That is maybe the most outrageous statement ever posted on this website. Tommy Greer is a good upcoming offcial but to say he is hands down the best in the region you have completley lost your basketball mind. Did you see the Pineville vs. Cumberland game at Lynn Camp in the all-a Semi final last night. Tommy was thrust into a bad situation thus being the ring leader in the circus called a basketball game at the North VS Clay game last Friday. Tommy was 4 of 5 on the technicals and forgot to let North shoot free throws on a common foul. In defense of Tommy the assigning secrutary should have the best offcials on the best games night in and night out. Maybe it would be a good idea for you to step in and show all the offcials how it should be done. In conclusion it obvious that you have Bell County connections ........ I just didnt relize that the air was that thin on Log Moutain!!!!!!!:fire:

Cat in the hat do you have a fever or sicknes that you are suffering from. That is maybe the most outrageous statement ever posted on this website. Tommy Greer is a good upcoming offcial but to say he is hands down the best in the region you have completley lost your basketball mind. Did you see the Pineville vs. Cumberland game at Lynn Camp in the all-a Semi final last night. Tommy was thrust into a bad situation thus being the ring leader in the circus called a basketball game at the North VS Clay game last Friday. Tommy was 4 of 5 on the technicals and forgot to let North shoot free throws on a common foul. In defense of Tommy the assigning secrutary should have the best offcials on the best games night in and night out. Maybe it would be a good idea for you to step in and show all the offcials how it should be done. In conclusion it obvious that you have Bell County connections ........ I just didnt relize that the air was that thin on Log Moutain!!!!!!!:fire:

Glad you said it, because I was just getting ready to say the same thing. Tommy is a good guy but far from the top. Give him time but the time is not now.

16th has several Kenny Clark, Tom Sparks, Dave Anderson, Steve Greenhill though is probably the best but we have several decent officials that call the game consistent and fair both ways!

If Tommy Sparks and Steve Greenhill are among the best the 16th has to offer we are desperate.