2007/2008 Elliott Co

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see this team beef up its schedule a little. Maybe try to get in the 5/3rd or some of the big tourneys.The rest of the state would love to see these kids play. Hopefully this would help prepare them for the post season.

They are in the 5/3rd this year and will be play Mason Co. at Mason. They are playing Hunington High next year in the Ky/Wv Shootout and will be playing in the Kentucky Bank Shoutout along with a possible matchup with Rose Hill in the Class "A" 16th region tounrey makes up for a pretty challenging schedule.

I think this is a very talented, quick gaurd oriented team. I think that they lack the size inside (mainly for defense) to compete with the top teams in the state. Dont get me wrong I love to watch them play and will be cheering them all the way. IMO they have one of the top 5 back courts in the state.

Acutally, KY, they will have some size this year. They will have 6'7 freshman Timmy Knipp. He has really came along this summer despite a few injuries. They also have returning stater Jonathon Morgan, who is a 6'3 junior. They will have a big body in Dustin Gilliam, a 6'3 275lbs. junior who also has some varsity expierence. Gilliam is very athletic for his size.

How will they do in the All "A" this year? I was very surprized at the early exit last year to an OK Paintsville team, after all the hype I'd heard about them.

You were probably really surprised when they came back, went to state and won the first round huh?

You were probably really surprised when they came back, went to state and won the first round huh?

Not really because the region was pretty evenly average, and they got a dream first round draw!! They would have been mid-pack or lower in the 10th!!

Oh by no means was I comparing them to the great team's of the 10th.

I just figured it would have surprised you to see them win the 16th and even a round at state, when they couldn't make it past first round of the all a. It surprised me and i'm one of their biggest fans!!!!!! I would say you were the only one it didn't surprise............"IF" it really didn't.

How will they do in the All "A" this year? I was very surprized at the early exit last year to an OK Paintsville team, after all the hype I'd heard about them.
To be fair, Elliott's best player (a guard, can't remember the name) was playing with a sprained ankle. But I, too, was a little disappointed after seeing some posters hype them up so much.

Oh by no means was I comparing them to the great team's of the 10th.

I just figured it would have surprised you to see them win the 16th and even a round at state, when they couldn't make it past first round of the all a. It surprised me and i'm one of their biggest fans!!!!!! I would say you were the only one it didn't surprise............"IF" it really didn't.

Good choice not to compare to the 10th last year!! I really did think the 16th was very evenly matched last year, and they seemed to take turns beating each other?? I'll expect more this year, and they should be a favorite for the All "A". Maybe beefing up the pre-tourney schedule would help??

Good choice not to compare to the 10th last year!! I really did think the 16th was very evenly matched last year, and they seemed to take turns beating each other?? I'll expect more this year, and they should be a favorite for the All "A". Maybe beefing up the pre-tourney schedule would help??

Rankings don't amount to much when it comes to districts and region. If it did Mason would have won the 10th last year. In the last thirty years i've seen ton's of mid packs as you call them beat the #1 team in first round of districts and region both! Should be another exciting year though! I can't wait till it start's.