Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why isn't E. Queen Being Honored

Featured Replies

There was a request to honor Emily Queen before the her game Monday against Fleming Co. to celebrate her becoming the all-time leading scorer and rebounder in the 16th Region, but was shot down. How come?

  • Replies 41
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be something better suited for the end of the tournament when individual awards are given for all-tourny team. I agree it needs to happen at some point in the regional tournament because it is a great region wide accomplishment.

Who's decision was it to make?

Dicky Martin's ????

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just kidding

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dirk's????

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just kidding again:D

I completely agree she should be honored. That is quite an accomplishment. What better time than at the presentation of awards at the end of the Regional Tourney!

In all seriousness, it should have been done in the first round. Who know's if any team for that matter will advance. I hope that she does get recognized during this tournament at some point however, she is rightly deserving.

Even if her team didn't advanced, it could still be presented with the rest of the individual awards after the championship. All of the all tourny team players aren't playing in the championship.

I completely agree she should be honored. That is quite an accomplishment. What better time than at the presentation of awards at the end of the Regional Tourney!

:thumb: I agree. Hopefully someone gets the message to the right people to make this happen.

Her team still played in the opening round of the region tourney. So IMO it should be presented at the end when a larger crowd from more area school's present. I think it will mean more to her then. I was there Monday night and at 6:00 the crowd was very small.

Dicky Martin's ????

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just kidding

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dirk's????

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just kidding again:D

 

 

Mark!!!!!

:laugh:

I dont think they are allowed to do that. I know last year in the 53rd district tournament Megan Mosley hit her thousand point and they wasnt allowed to stop the game for something like that.

Dicky Martin's ????

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just kidding

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dirk's????

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just kidding again:D

 

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Emily definitely needs to be recognized for her outstanding accomplishments and records she holds in the Region. I hope someone in authority is reading this post and making sure it happens !

I dont think they are allowed to do that. I know last year in the 53rd district tournament Megan Mosley hit her thousand point and they wasnt allowed to stop the game for something like that.

 

There is no rule. Laura Terry was presented with a ball commemorating her 2,000th point during the 64th District tournament. She had actually gone over 2,000 points prior to the end of the regular season and this was, of course, a specific team related accomplishment.

 

In regard to Laura, Rose Hill made the request to Boyd County, the host school, and Boyd County graciously consented. I'm sure that they didn't bother to seek the okay of the other district schools as may have occurred in the Queen request.

 

Queen's accomplishments are the setting of new standards for girls in both points and rebounding for the whole region for the entire history of the region. I would think that the region schools and fans would find this to be of major significance for the region as a whole.

...In regard to Laura, Rose Hill made the request to Boyd County, the host school, and Boyd County graciously consented. I'm sure that they didn't bother to seek the okay of the other district schools as may have occurred in the Queen request....

 

OK, let me make sure I'm reading this correctly before commenting on this post. Scooter, are you saying that Fairview and Ashland would have turned down the request, if asked, for Terry to be honored during the 64th District Tournament for scoring her 2000 point? If this is the case, you are assuming a lot - especially if the assumption is meant to reflect poorly on the other district schools.

 

Secondly, for the Queen request, are you saying that all the participating

schools in the 16th Region Tournament were asked if Queen could be honored and they all said no.

 

Scooter, I've got to believe that I am misreading your comment. I don't think that even you would make such widespread accusations based solely on unsubstantiated assumptions.

 

Please Scooter, say it ain't so............

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.