What is the coldest football game ever been played in?

TrEyBaLlA20

Lawrence County against Lloyd Memorial, I believe 1997 the same year LC beat Breathitt County. It was about 15 at kickoff and got colder especially since the game wasn't close. No wind just bone chilling cold air.

I think the 1991 playoff game with LC and Sheldon Clark was the coldest I remember. It was the first round of the playoffs and the game was delayed because the lights wouldn't come on. It was too cold! It snowed most of the game with a little breeze! :scared:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Bengals Vs Steelers game I attended long ago was cold, then I went to the "Freezer Bowl" (Well for 3 qrt's) when they played the Chargers.

Yes, 1982 AFC Championship game, Kenny Anderson's Bengals deliberately open the gates before the game and let the Riverfront freeze in and crush Dan Fouts' and my hopes of those Chargers ever reaching the Super Bowl, 27-7. I think the wind chill was 30 below or something on the field.

Bardstown went to Fulton County for semi-state in 1993. The Mississippi had flooded the week before and the field was mud that had turned to ice, and it was about 12 degrees with a pretty stiff wind to make wind chill especially nice. One of the tailbacks had one of those little charcoal hand heaters, and it froze. Bardstown won 7-0 . . .

Yes, 1982 AFC Championship game, Kenny Anderson's Bengals deliberately open the gates before the game and let the Riverfront freeze in and crush Dan Fouts' and my hopes of those Chargers ever reaching the Super Bowl, 27-7. I think the wind chill was 30 below or something on the field.

Bardstown went to Fulton County for semi-state in 1993. The Mississippi had flooded the week before and the field was mud that had turned to ice, and it was about 12 degrees with a pretty stiff wind to make wind chill especially nice. One of the tailbacks had one of those little charcoal hand heaters, and it froze. Bardstown won 7-0 . . .

I was at the Bengals freezer bowl, or what ever you call it now. It was cold, but actually at the time it was just another game. I didn't realize it was anything special till after the game . Just another cold football game. :cool:

The coldest game Ive ever been to was 1985 Belfry vs. Newport in the 3A semi finals.

15 degrees with wind chill off of the Ohio river of well below 0. All I remember was buying hot chocolate and it being ice cold by the time I got back to my seats, all yea and Belfry winning 27 to 7, to advance the state finals.

How about the famous Ice Bowl between Green Bay and Dallas in the late 60's? The heating grid uner Lambeau froze on that day. I believe that was the coldest football game ever played.

The Ice Bowl was the coldest without wind chill. The Freezer Bowl was the coldest with wind chill.