Would you vote for Randy Moss for the HOF?

Would you vote for Randy Moss in the Pro Football HOF?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for Randy Moss in the Pro Football HOF?

• Still has some work to do to earn my vote
    • No
    • Yes

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure I would. He admitted that he only played hard on the plays he wanted to play hard. Don't think that is the mentality of a Hall of Famer. The elite players.

Key thing is to seperate out his talent. He has the talent for a HOF vote but did not always work to his talent level.

At the end of the day the stats don't lie. He is definitly a hall of famer.

While I expect him to get in, it would not shock me for him to not be a first ballot recipient.

How? Statistically he's one of the greatest 3-4 WRs of all-time. Whether he plays hard every down or not is completely irrelevant.

He's in the same group as Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Tony Gonzalez, LT, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Charles Woodson, Jason Taylor and Terrell Owens as automatic no-brainer 1st ballot HOF'ers in the league.

Interesting question I am, of the following opinion. HOF is how you play the game and how good you were at it, for example Lawrence Taylor, not a good guy off the field, Michael Irvin not a good guy off the field, but they played hard, prepared hard, and were awesome. Moss poison to any team he has been on, loser off the field, and lazy on the field, I do not support him being in hall of fame.

Interesting question I am, of the following opinion. HOF is how you play the game and how good you were at it, for example Lawrence Taylor, not a good guy off the field, Michael Irvin not a good guy off the field, but they played hard, prepared hard, and were awesome. Moss poison to any team he has been on, loser off the field, and lazy on the field, I do not support him being in hall of fame.

Poison how? By all accounts his teammates loved him at all teams.

Loser off of the field how? What has he done off of the field that points to him being a loser? You yourself said off the field shouldn't matter anyways.

While it's hard to argue against him taking some plays off all of the time I will say it is blown out of full scale proportion when he does it. Many many times I have seen wr's not go hard on a route but when Randy does it becomes a 60 Minutes segment on CBS. What's even funnier is that when he is shown taking plays off it is the same 2-4 plays that they show over and over again. I think the problem lies that people get frustrated when someone of his talent doesn't take their approach to the game. To say he doesn't belong in the HOF because he doesn't approach football the way you would like him to is irrational. The numbers don't lie and that is the only qualification that should matter. I am sure there is more than 1 HOF who is guilty of laziness or not giving their all on the football field every play.

Do the numbers bear out any other result- I mean I don't like his attitude, but OJ is in the HOF; LT is in the HOF; admitted drug users like Michael Irvin are in the HOF. It seems like Randy's numbers say he has to make it regardless of his attitude.

He will not be considered the best ever- Jerry Rice has set the bar. That is about as far as I'll go with the criticism.

How? Statistically he's one of the greatest 3-4 WRs of all-time. Whether he plays hard every down or not is completely irrelevant.

He's in the same group as Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Tony Gonzalez, LT, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Charles Woodson, Jason Taylor and Terrell Owens as automatic no-brainer 1st ballot HOF'ers in the league.

Do the reporters vote for HOF like in baseball? If so, then they can be a surly lot in voting.

While I expect him to get in, it would not shock me for him to not be a first ballot recipient.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar regularly loafed getting back on defense and frequently took plays off. Should the all-time leading scorer have not been voted to the Basketball HOF?

I think what you have to do when assessing a player's HOF worthiness, in any pro sport, is ask yourself this question: Was he one of the most feared players of his time and among the best at his position; one that opposing coaches and players knew they had to go out of their way to stop/slow down in order to beat his team?

With Moss, that's a resounding yes.