Would you vote for Randy Moss for the HOF?

Would you vote for Randy Moss in the Pro Football HOF?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for Randy Moss in the Pro Football HOF?

• Still has some work to do to earn my vote
    • No
    • Yes

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's really 7 people who don't think Randy Moss is a HOFer? That absolutely blows my mind. How can a guy who is arguably the 2nd best WR in the history of the game not be a HOFer?

And don't give me that cliche garbage about how he's not a good guy, and people don't like him, or that he takes plays off, because those are all meaningless when it comes to the NFL and HOF credentials.

I mean, heck we might as well put Ryan Freel in the baseball HOF, because he may have sucked at the game, but gosh golly he sure played hard every single second he was out there. :rolleyes:

There's really 7 people who don't think Randy Moss is a HOFer? That absolutely blows my mind. How can a guy who is arguably the 2nd best WR in the history of the game not be a HOFer?

And don't give me that cliche garbage about how he's not a good guy, and people don't like him, or that he takes plays off, because those are all meaningless when it comes to the NFL and HOF credentials.

I mean, heck we might as well put Ryan Freel in the baseball HOF, because he may have sucked at the game, but gosh golly he sure played hard every single second he was out there. :rolleyes:

This is the one I'm most incredulous about. I wonder of the same people would've denied Michael Jordan the HOF? Because he's also a surly jerk.

The question was would THEY vote for him. NOt whether he was a HOFer or not.

This is the one I'm most incredulous about. I wonder of the same people would've denied Michael Jordan the HOF? Because he's also a surly jerk.

Michael Jordan worked his rear off.

Moss admitted he takes plays off. I have a problem holding a person up as one of the greats of all time who played hard maybe 50% of the time.

The question was would THEY vote for him. NOt whether he was a HOFer or not.

You did say he wasn't elite because he didn't work hard. If Randy Moss is not one of the most elite WRs in NFL history I don't know what qualifies as one then. What WRs have been more productive than him in their careers? You would name them on one hand.

Michael Jordan worked his rear off.

Moss admitted he takes plays off. I have a problem holding a person up as one of the greats of all time who played hard maybe 50% of the time.

Fifty percent? Don't you think that's a bit much? Every WR takes a play off here and there, even Hines Ward, the hardest-working WR in the game. Sure, a guy with Moss' talent leaves you wanting for a bit more effort, but the bottom line is the only receiver in the game that was more feared is Jerry Rice. So Moss took a few plays off and it cost him the No. 1 slot. Big deal. He's still No. 2, and that's more than a lot of hard-working guys like Wes Welker or Wayne Chrebet or even Hines Ward will ever be able to say.

The "not a good guy" argument is hogwash, and to use it to criticize Moss is disingenuous when the pro sports HOFs are full of "not good guys."

The question is "Would you vote..", not "Should he be in?". If I am not mistaken there is a clause on the baseball ballot that says something about being an ambassador of the game or something intangible like that. Thus some sports writers do, or do not, vote for players depending on how much stock they place in their character. Is it the same in football? Or do they only judge players on production? While I think Moss deserves to make the HOF, I can certainly see some voters keeping him out for a year.

While I realize it is not the Hall of Good Behavior (post#10), some would make an arguement that neither is it a Hall of Statistics.