NKY Coaches poll Ryle #1

oldjarhead

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

There just seems to be a question as to whether or not it's recency or entire body of work in the vote.

And in your opinion, the inconsistency is because Ryle is above Highlands. So let me try and help with that.

Ryle beat Highlands last so clearly Ryle wins the "recency" argument.

If we use head to head instead of recency, then Highlands and Ryle split so nothing conclusive there.

So let's use body of work. Ryle plays in 6A and HHS in 5A, so there is a slight advantage to Ryle there. If you exclude the Ryle games, HHS played 4 games against 6A (including Withrow as 6A). But if you include the Ryle games, HHS played 6 games against 6A opponents. But then if you count HHS as a 6A caliber opponent, Ryle played 7 games against 6A caliber opponents. Slight edge to Ryle. HHS's opponents (excluding Ryle) won 39 games. Ryle's opponents won 43 games. Slight edge to Ryle. I think if you use body of work, Ryle gets the edge.

So now that I have done all the work for you, what do you think? Where can you make an argument that Highlands should be above Ryle in the poll? I just don't see it. Ryle has a slight edge any way you look at it and thus they get the poll title by a slight edge.

And in your opinion, the inconsistency is because Ryle is above Highlands. So let me try and help with that.

If we use head to head instead of recency, then Highlands and Ryle split so nothing conclusive there.

So let's use body of work. Ryle plays in 6A and HHS in 5A, so there is a slight advantage to Ryle there. If you exclude the Ryle games, HHS played 4 games against 6A (including Withrow as 6A). But if you include the Ryle games, HHS played 6 games against 6A opponents. But then if you count HHS as a 6A caliber opponent, Ryle played 7 games against 6A caliber opponents. Slight edge to Ryle. HHS's opponents (excluding Ryle) won 39 games. Ryle's opponents won 43 games. Slight edge to Ryle. I think if you use body of work, Ryle gets the edge.

So now that I have done all the work for you, what do you think? Where can you make an argument that Highlands should be above Ryle in the poll? I just don't see it. Ryle has a slight edge any way you look at it and thus they get the poll title by a slight edge.

I doubt the coaches put that much thought into it.

You wasted your time, I already said Ryle should be number one. With all the effort you put into it, it makes me think you were trying to convince yourself. Good luck with that.

Me, I'm thinking Beechwood got the short end of the stick but it's my alma mater so I might be biased.

Edited by 75center

Could also add in that Ryle now has a win against the previous #1 team in NKY and the #3 team. In terms of it being a NKY poll that does play a part as well.

You wasted your time, I already said Ryle should be number one. With all the effort you put into it, it makes me think you were trying to convince yourself. Good luck with that.

Me, I'm thinking Beechwood got the short end of the stick but it's my alma mater so I might be biased.

Ahhh maaaaannnnn, now I have to research Beechwood for you??? :lol: You are a slave driver.