Governor Jan Brewer's Message For President Obama

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that the only thing that many want done is to round up all 9 million (or so, I don't really know the latest estimate) illegal immigrants and put them on buses and send them back. To some, anything else is amnesty. This just isn't feasible. Too bad that evidently I am the only American to support GWB's immigration plan.

Everyone (with a brain) knows that's impossible, as you know.

It is not impossible and I do have a brain. All you have to do is impose fines of about $50,000 a day, for everyday they worked, that an employer uses an illegal immigrant. If they have been caught 3 times then the employer faces mandatory sentence of 2 years per offense after the 3. If caught with 4 at one time he would go to jail and pay fines. This goes for homeowners who hire illegals to do "side" work, as well!

Do not allow any federal or state money to be spent on any services for illegals and this includes healthcare and education.

When there are no jobs and no money they will go home and people will stop coming across the border.

I agree that the Borders must be secured before any Immigration Laws are anything but a band-aid. I do support Arizona in trying to make a difference for their legal and law abiding citizens.

Asking for proof citizenship should not be any worse than asking for proof of insurance during a traffic stop. If you are legal then it doesn't matter, if your not then you don't like it much. (Too bad Justin Case can't do citizenship over the phone)

My question is what else has the governor done? Maybe she has done a lot. I don't know. I just find it interesting that those who want less federal government involvement complain about not getting more help instead of doing something about it themselves. What would have happened if the Obama joke had been cracked by say...Ronald Reagan?

I believe that protecting the borders is under federal jurisdiction. Which is why they passed a "state" law forbiddening illegals from being in the state.

Please note that I used liberals and conservatives, not political labels. I oppossed a lot of Bush's domestic agenda. Even when a bill was passed that allowed for the building of a wall on parts of the border DC drug its feet and part of it was a virtual wall, WOW. Then Obama comes along and nothing has been done to even achieve this modest goal. I do not want any bill that even hints of amnesty or a chance of citizenship. They go back when caught or on their own.

DC is not doing its job.

Unrealistic.

It is not impossible and I do have a brain. All you have to do is impose fines of about $50,000 a day, for everyday they worked, that an employer uses an illegal immigrant. If they have been caught 3 times then the employer faces mandatory sentence of 2 years per offense after the 3. If caught with 4 at one time he would go to jail and pay fines. This goes for homeowners who hire illegals to do "side" work, as well!

Do not allow any federal or state money to be spent on any services for illegals and this includes healthcare and education.

When there are no jobs and no money they will go home and people will stop coming across the border.

How do you propose the "work police" check this out/enforce it?

How do you propose the "work police" check this out/enforce it?

The way they do now, just do it a lot more. There was a big raid on a home builder here in NKY not to long ago. So they already do it, but my proposal would make the penalties much more severe. It is simply having the risks far outweigh the rewards.

If the builder was forced to pay the fines I proposed that would send a strong mesage to others in the area to stop the practice of hiring illegal labor.

The way they do now, just do it a lot more. There was a big raid on a home builder here in NKY not to long ago. So they already do it, but my proposal would make the penalties much more severe. It is simply having the risks far outweigh the rewards.

If the builder was forced to pay the fines I proposed that would send a strong mesage to others in the area to stop the practice of hiring illegal labor.

I agree with levying large fines against the employers. What do we do with those that are hired by non-businesses (i.e., farmers), as it is in my community?

What about pulling someone over for a traffic violation would suggest that they are an illegal immigrant? Maybe if the officer sees something or notices something during the course of the stop that would suggest such is the case then he could proceed to checking citizenship or work status identification. But it still seems to me like what we have done is told an entire segment of American citizens that they have to carry certain documentation that perhaps the rest of us don't.

Okay, do you have to show proof of citizenship to get a driver's license?

Okay, do you have to show proof of citizenship to get a driver's license?

Without looking it up, I'm pretty sure I remember having to bring a birth certificate or social security card. I'd imagine a non-citizen would need to bring their visa or work permit to prove identity before being issued a license, not necessarily for proving citizenship/work privilege status but just to prevent fraud.