Tennessee next head coach?

KYHOOP

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see Mack Brown leaving any time soon. Tennessee is a very good job for a first time head coach. I would definitely consider it, they will pay up.

I don't think you turn down being the future head coach of Texas. IMO, there is no better job in the country. They get to select players they want from one of the best states in producing talent. No job is easier recruiting wise than Texas. And there's no real competition for them outside of Oklahoma and maybe Nebraska on a consistent basis. Plus, look at what Texas is paying Mack Brown, how could you turn them down? If I were Muschamp only Ohio State or Michigan would be worth the jump.

I don't think you turn down being the future head coach of Texas. IMO, there is no better job in the country. They get to select players they want from one of the best states in producing talent. No job is easier recruiting wise than Texas. And there's no real competition for them outside of Oklahoma and maybe Nebraska on a consistent basis. Plus, look at what Texas is paying Mack Brown, how could you turn them down? If I were Muschamp only Ohio State or Michigan would be worth the jump.

If Muschamp puts his name on a contract for UT, his salary quintuples- that will be a factor.

Tennessee is a top program with tradition. If Muschamp is offered and does not take it, that tells me that Mack is done after next season. I don't see that happening because he just signed an extension, I believe.

If UT calls, I think Muschamp will go.

OSU and Michigan? I think he would take an Sec job before he went to those schools. He is an Sec guy hopefully he will take the job but who knows. I disagree with you that Texas is the best job in the country.

If Muschamp puts his name on a contract for UT, his salary quintuples- that will be a factor.

Tennessee is a top program with tradition. If Muschamp is offered and does not take it, that tells me that Mack is done after next season. I don't see that happening because he just signed an extension, I believe.

Espn said the same thing just like GT said earlier. It is Will's job to take or lose.

What do I know... :idunno: :lol:

If I had only been a shy person back in high school GT I always wanted to go into Broadcasting. But that kept me away from it and not really trying didn't help that much either LOL With my knowledge of sports and my bluntness I would be perfect for Broadcasting. HA HA

OSU and Michigan? I think he would take an Sec job before he went to those schools. He is an Sec guy hopefully he will take the job but who knows. I disagree with you that Texas is the best job in the country.

Not to thread-jack, but I am curious as to which job you think is better (I agree that Texas is the best job in the country).

I think I have to agree that Texas is likely the best job in the country. You can be very successful without having to recruit outside of your home state. This is true at Florida as well but you have to compete with Florida State and Miami. I don't think that Texas often loses anyone that they really want to A&M or Tech.

I think I have to agree that Texas is likely the best job in the country. You can be very successful without having to recruit outside of your home state. This is true at Florida as well but you have to compete with Florida State and Miami. I don't think that Texas often loses anyone that they really want to A&M or Tech.

:thumb:

USC has to compete with Cal or Stanford or UCLA or Oregon...No one competes with Texas in this state. If the Horns want you, 75-80% of the time you are saying "Hook 'em". OU and the other state schools have to split the scraps (normally a bunch of good players, though).

To me it would be like taking a Mercedes on your 16th birthday instead of waiting on your dad's Ferrari for graduation, if that makes any sense. Tennessee is a great job, but Texas is the best job in the country IMO all things considered. He'd be absolutely nuts to leave IMO.

OSU and Michigan are great jobs and always will be. Look at the alumni there. The prestige. There's little competition recruiting wise in their territory outside of maybe Notre Dame or Penn State.

Also what job is better than Texas?

-Texas makes more money than any other program in the country, according to the stats that were just released.

-Texas made Mack Brown the highest paid coach in the country. They are willing to pay whatever it takes.

-Texas is a top 3 state for producing D1 football players. Florida's players get divided amongst the "Big 3", plus other states come in and take players (such as WVU with Noel Devine). USC is the only other job that is comparable IMO, but they have tougher admission standards I believe and other schools have been able to come in and get players USC has wanted, such as UCLA and even schools from outside the West Coast.

-Texas chooses the players they want. They don't have to leave the state for talent. I think they showed in the MNC that they were just as athletic as the SEC teams, so no worries there. There classes are usually finished by November, with a few players added in at the end. They own Texas. No other school in the Big 3 D1 producing states can come close to making that claim.

I'm anxious to hear your argument about a better job. There isn't one IMO. No other job is even close. Not Florida, not USC, not Ohio State, not anyone. No one can match everything Texas has to offer, and it's not even close.

:thumb: A voice of reason.