Tennessee next head coach?

KYHOOP

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Gruden He does have UT ties, was a grad coach, and his wife is from Knoxville. Longshot? Yes

That was my first thought. Ironically one of my close friends from home went the same route but after being a GA at Tenn he went to the NFL. He then went back to Tenn coaching full time. He is the assistant to the offensive coordinator with the 49ers now. He's also close friends with Brian Shottenhymer who is a hot name in the NFL jobs right now. My buddies name is Jason Michael. Be interesting to see if he has any shot.

Leach, M. Stoops, Muschamp would be names I think that will get mentioned.

I wonder is Sanders has any pull and I also wonder if folks want Fullmer back?

Sounds like we'll find out soon enough. Rumors swirling he already has an offer...

I thought he is the coach in waiting at Texas? He was big on the list last year, but Texas name him the next coach, which ended that. Another name could be Butch Davis. UT was after him last year.

I thought he is the coach in waiting at Texas? He was big on the list last year, but Texas name him the next coach, which ended that. Another name could be Butch Davis. UT was after him last year.

He is next in line at Texas, but Mack Brown isn't stepping down for a while IMO. He's the #1 target, so it appears it will be on him if he wants the job...

Muschamp? No chance. Why leave Texas for Tennessee? He will have one of the 5 best jobs in America soon enough. Why settle for the 5th best job in the SEC? I say he'll say thanks, but no thanks.

Petersen is probably a no go. As others have stated on here before he has the son who is sick. Also he's never really left the West Coast. Not an ideal hire, though I think he's one of the best handful of coaches in the country.

Patterson is probably a no as well. He can stay at TCU and do well or get a better job than UT IMO in the future.

I think Leach could be possible, but I don't know if UT would want that circus either. I could see it though.

I can't see an NFL guy taking it.

It's a crapshoot IMO. Edsell may be the best they can get. He's a good coach IMO, and would run a solid program at UT. I worry that he wouldn't have enough high level success for their fan base.

Muschamp? No chance. Why leave Texas for Tennessee? He will have one of the 5 best jobs in America soon enough. Why settle for the 5th best job in the SEC? I say he'll say thanks, but no thanks.

Petersen is probably a no go. As others have stated on here before he has the son who is sick. Also he's never really left the West Coast. Not an ideal hire, though I think he's one of the best handful of coaches in the country.

Patterson is probably a no as well. He can stay at TCU and do well or get a better job than UT IMO in the future.

I think Leach could be possible, but I don't know if UT would want that circus either. I could see it though.

I can't see an NFL guy taking it.

It's a crapshoot IMO. Edsell may be the best they can get. He's a good coach IMO, and would run a solid program at UT. I worry that he wouldn't have enough high level success for their fan base.

I can't see Mack Brown leaving any time soon. Tennessee is a very good job for a first time head coach. I would definitely consider it, they will pay up.