Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cosmo Kramer

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cosmo Kramer

  1. Coach Roark did turn it down, or so I heard. One of the newest names I have heard is Justin Haddix. Any one else heard this?
  2. This is still a District that does the "Blind Draw". Not for sure of dates or times, however: Perry Central vs Buckhorn Hazard vs Leslie County All games are at Hazard's memorial gym. Thoughts/predictions?
  3. Depending on where you live, I would check with major universities nearby. UT, UK, EKU all have individual camps. You can get videos online from USA softball as well.
  4. With Bert Browne departing for Madison Central, who will be the next coach of the Commodores?
  5. Perry's girls play Leslie County at 6. Perry and Knott Co. play a boys game after that. Just didn't want you to get confused. Both games are at Perry Central.
  6. Not for sure about tv or webcasts. I would check with wazoosports.com, it may be on there. If you can't get that on the web, you can listen live on wkcb.com. I'm almost certain Harold and the Good Doctor will be there.
  7. I think you are right. I've not heard a thing to be honest.
  8. No idea. However, I do know that they years they made the playoffs, their record wasn't all that great, no matter who the coach happened to be. I do know that one year under the helm of Browne, they only won one game. To his credit, the next season they did host a home playoff game. He has also had some kids go play at the next level. I just don't think he'll leave Perry
  9. They did not play the losers bracket last night, due to the weather. Tomorrow at noon, Perry plays Buckhorn. At 2, Knox plays Johnson Central. They will then resume with the regular schedule, with the third place game around 6:30, maybe 7, with the championship to follow around 8. Exact times for Saturday's games can be found on wymt's website. These times may be off, but not too much. I'm trying to work from memory, which gets more difficult the older i get.
  10. Perry went to the playoffs under Jason Chappell, and before Browne got there under Searcy. Personally, I don't think he will leave Perry Central.
  11. I agree. With the two different stints at the school, he has done well. He did have that one season where he managed only one win, but they were close in several of those games according to KHSAA website. I didn't see where he has ever won a playoff game...In Kentucky at least.
  12. Which category woudl Browne fall under?
  13. I think he played there. Not for sure however.
  14. Have they named a football coach? Who are the leading candidates?
  15. In the end, it is left up to the WYMT Tournamet Committee. For roughly the first decade Knott was the host school. Then it was helt at Perry Central (not for sure of the year}. Since that time, it has rotated between the two schools. Because the tournament consists of teams from the 13th, 14th, and 15th regions, the 14th is centrally located. The Expo Center in Pikeville or the Arena in Corbin would be good sites, but the distance of travel would be too great for the 13th going to the 15th or vice versa. I wonder if the weather will affect the size of the crowds, especially tonight and with snow forcasted for Thursday?
  16. Yes, all games on line at wymt's website. As always, semi-finals on Friday and Saturday's 3rd place game and championship are live on WYMT. I have seen all teams play except Johnson Central and Knox. I know Johnson Central has some size, but I don't know how well they will fare against Hazard's gurad play. That should be an interesting first round match up. Buckhorn really impressed me agaisnt Perry last Saturday. They have size and the Day kid is for real. He just needs to get stronger. I don't think Buckhorn will beat Valley, but I think they can keep it close for awhile, unless the turnover bug gets them. Valley will bring the heat. If Perry gets by Clay, it should be an interesting semifinal Friday as they should meet Valley. In the past, they have played one another close. On paper, this could be one of the strongest fields in WYMT's recent history...
  17. The WYMT Tournament starts this week. The host school this year is Knott County Central. Upper bracket: Tuesday, Jan 5 Buckhorn vs Shelby Valley 6:30 Clay County vs Perry Central 8:15 Lower Bracket: Wednesday, Jan 6 Knox Central vs Knott Central 6:30 Johnson Central vs Hazard 8:15 Thoughts/Predictions?
  18. Good win for Corbin. Congratulations to DJ Wilson of Clay, for scoring his 1,000 point.
  19. Unchartered waters as well for Perry Central. A huge win at Breathitt County last week. The Commodores are expected to beat Logan WV tomorrow in the Black Gold Bowl and should go into the Letcher Central game next week at 5-0.
  20. I agree they are in the running. Anything can happen in the 14th. I may agree with you come tournament time. I may disagree. There are a lot of factors that may come into play between now and then.
  21. IMO, PCC and Knott will be the top two in the region. Martin is a great addition for PCC. Losing the Maggard kid will hurt PCC. Salyers didn't get a whole lot of playing time last year, so the summer could only give him confidence. Mullins played well as the season went on, but has to be a threat to score. He may be the most athletic kid in the region. Knott needs a big man. Maybe the best scoring guard combo to be in the region in a long time, with Cox and Stamper. The key for Knott will be Ratliff. If he plays well, the Patriots play well as he can take some heat off the guard play. Hazard will really miss Jones and Warren in the middle. Good guard play with Whitaker, Back, and Combs. With that said, all three teams will have valuable players playing football in the fall. Remaing healthy is a must if any of the three want to make a trip to Rupp come March. Depeding on foul trouble, injuries, etc, any of these three can beat the other on any given night.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.