Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Madison Central Coach

Featured Replies

Have they named a football coach?

 

Who are the leading candidates?

  • Replies 76
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard Bert Browne from Perry Central.

  • Author

I think he played there. Not for sure however.

Yesterday was the deadline for applications. I wonder if Central is going after the best coach or just the good guy approach?

  • Author

Which category woudl Browne fall under?

Which category woudl Browne fall under?

 

I think Bert Browne is a terrific coach. I think he used to be an assistant at MC years ago and may have played there as well. The best football seasons that PCC has ever had were with Coach Browne at the helm.

  • Author

I agree. With the two different stints at the school, he has done well. He did have that one season where he managed only one win, but they were close in several of those games according to KHSAA website.

 

I didn't see where he has ever won a playoff game...In Kentucky at least.

Coach Browne does a good job of coaching offense but his teams have never seemed to play much defense. I am not sure if he is the right hire for MC. He finished 3rd in a pretty weak district this year.

I didn't see where he has ever won a playoff game...In Kentucky at least.

 

He hasn't. Perry Central has never won a playoff game.

What has PCC ever done when he wasn't the coach? Hazard has an excellent football program and PCC is still trying to build one. He has done more with what talent PCC has than anyone else who has been there. There is more talent at MC and if he got the job, I think he would do a good job.

What has PCC ever done when he wasn't the coach? Hazard has an excellent football program and PCC is still trying to build one. He has done more with what talent PCC has than anyone else who has been there. There is more talent at MC and if he got the job, I think he would do a good job.

 

Agreed. I think he's done a nice job at PCC. I was just agreeing with a previous poster that he hadn't won a playoff game.

Coach Browne does a good job of coaching offense but his teams have never seemed to play much defense. I am not sure if he is the right hire for MC. He finished 3rd in a pretty weak district this year.

 

I agree SARR they wouldn't play defense if he is the coach IMO and to compete in 6A you better be able to play that.

Coach Browne does a good job of coaching offense but his teams have never seemed to play much defense. I am not sure if he is the right hire for MC. He finished 3rd in a pretty weak district this year.

 

He actually finished fourth in a very competitive and fairly strong District.

Agreed. I think he's done a nice job at PCC. I was just agreeing with a previous poster that he hadn't won a playoff game.

 

True.

He actually finished fourth in a very competitive and fairly strong District.

 

:thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.