Why can't the public school powers that be get this one through their thick skulls?

theguru

Open enrollment = no local taxpayer money for local schools.

Wrong, all the local schools could make the change tomorrow. All open enrollment means is opening your door to tuition students and the tuition charged could replace any lost funding.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong, all the local schools could make the change tomorrow. All open enrollment means is opening your door to tuition students and the tuition charged could replace any lost funding.

Correct, the tuition is in fact based on the Average Daily Attendance rate which is the same for all schools. Some schools decide not to charge the full amount but most do. In other words, neither school district loses money.

Well, I keep hearing all this educational talk which is a fine wall to hide behind, nobody wants to beat on educational opportunities, that is why we have school right? It just seems awfully funny to me that Louisville is the center of the football world. In 2003 you have Trinity vs. St. X, which tells me that Louisville is considered the center of the state to the KHSAA and thus 4A that year revolved around Louisville. You also have the state game in Louisville, humm, why not have it somewhere else year to year, like Western KY univ? IMO it is just some people wanting to own football in Louisville.

To the KHSAA, X and Trinity, in the finals, probably is the end all. As the revenue they generate is enormous. Besides they are an ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION, while these are students, athletics is what they regulate...

What are the facts? Maybe that would be a good place to start. From my point of view, the KHSAA has rules that cover, recruiting, transfers and financial aid. I believe that those rules are fair and reasonable. I also believe that the private schools follow those rules and that if they, or any other school violates those rules the punishment should be swift and severe. Do you disagree with any of that? If so, which part?

The facts are that twice Trinity and St. X have played for the 4A championship, in recent years and since 1978, the championships have been played in Louisville. I agree with what you just said, if a school violates any of those rules, the punishment should be severe. I am not talking about private schools only.

The facts are that twice Trinity and St. X have played for the 4A championship, in recent years and since 1978, the championships have been played in Louisville.

But what does that have to do with kicking the private schools out? Trinity and Male have played in the finals three times in recent years. Does that mean that Male should be kicked out too? For that matter Boyle County and Danville have been there a lot too. Do they need to be kicked out?

But what does that have to do with kicking the private schools out? Trinity and Male have played in the finals three times in recent years. Does that mean that Male should be kicked out too?

It doesn't have anything to do with privates, that is another example of what I am talking about, two Louisville schools playing each other and one isn't even a private.

^^^ What he said :lol:

And I doubt they will change that anytime soon because it maximum dollars and exposure for the KHSAA when you have a T/X State Championship.

Yeah, and how is that right? Doesn't sound like it is putting the kids of the state first.