If the goal is a level playing field shouldn't the first order of business be...

theguru

Are we talking about Wilson Sears from Somerset? If so I didn't know that he sat on any kind of state board.

Yes, from Somerset and whatever office he does or does not hold is not stopping him from trying to kick the private schools out of the KHSAA. You did see the article today from the CJ, right?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, from Somerset and whatever office he does or does not hold is not stopping him from trying to kick the private schools out of the KHSAA. You did see the article today from the CJ, right?

No I didn't, here on Bluegrass is the first I've heard of this issue from anyone related to Somerset. I'll try to find it and read it.

I can think of thousands of things that will happen before the KHSAA makes the state b-ball tourney by class.

Coach Schneider will be up by 40 on CCH and call a fake punt.

HHS fans will handle a loss with the following comment: "no big deal"

GT will have season tickets to UK b-ball.

RP will only root for one school in all sports.

LN will say "I don't think we have a chance this year"

Dale will say: "We're just OK - not very fast or athletic".

I never have understood why the KHSAA has 4 classes for football and not basketball and baseball. But i do support the proposal cause it looks like this school usually have an advantage in the athletic programs although i would hate to see some of these schools lose their football programs for the lack of competition or games.

I can think of thousands of things that will happen before the KHSAA makes the state b-ball tourney by class.

Coach Schneider will be up by 40 on CCH and call a fake punt.

HHS fans will handle a loss with the following comment: "no big deal"

GT will have season tickets to UK b-ball.

RP will only root for one school in all sports.

LN will say "I don't think we have a chance this year"

Dale will say: "We're just OK - not very fast or athletic".

Boy, Highlands is pretty popular with you! :D

2. Classify ALL sports uniformly. Why are there 4 football classes, 1 basketball class, 1 volleyball class, 3 track classes?
Football, by its very nature, needs more classes than other sports. I agree that there could be some uniformity for the rest ... most or all of the surrounding states do it that way.

I think that, in Kentucky, most sports need no more than two classes.

The point is, the All A Classic is not a sanctioned state title.

And of course schools that win the All A like to hype it up a lot...

I've been around the All A a lot since it went statewide in 1990 ... the teams that play in it regard it as a state tournament.

No, it's not the Sweet 16, and no one is pretending that it is ... but it is a big deal to the participating teams.

Ive got an idea that will solve the percieved problem in Ky high school sports.Lets consolidate some of the rural counties into bigger ones. Ky has too many counties for the size of the Commonwealth anyway . By doing this the schools effected can draw from a bigger player base . Oh and we will eliminate some politicians and administrators along the way. Thats always a good thing .

west,

As a fan I love the current basketball set up but it is grossly unfair to the small schools.

And winning he All A Classic does not make you state champs. It is like kissing your sister, it is a girl, and she may be pretty, but it is still your sister.

Guru maybe because your a fan of Beechwood your not associated to basketball success. But I guarntee you ever Class A team in this area looks at the ALL A classic as a big show and think of the regional title and state title as huge deals. The atmosphere at both the regional and state tournaments for the ALL A are as electric as the sweet 16 in my mind. I think anyone who has experienced will agree.

It is not sanctioned and see the hype comment above.

It maybe not be sanctioned by all small schools count it. They look forward to it, if a school say like HC or NCC know there slightly down. They know they might now win the big title but then the ALL A becomes there super bowl. What will be the difference if its sanctioned by the KHSAA? I love the ALL A and enjoyed every moment playing in it. Its not hype and I guess you never particpating can't truley understand.

If this All A thing is such a big deal why not separate B-ball into at least two classes and call the thing a state title? Most people that are against splitting up B-ball are holding on to some nostalgic "Hoosiers" type of vision of high school B-ball. Well the fact is the real "Hoosiers" split their title into classes.

Guru maybe because your a fan of Beechwood your not associated to basketball success. But I guarntee you ever Class A team in this area looks at the ALL A classic as a big show and think of the regional title and state title as huge deals. The atmosphere at both the regional and state tournaments for the ALL A are as electric as the sweet 16 in my mind. I think anyone who has experienced will agree.

Stud,

You are wrong. My cousin started for NCC when they won the All A. I went to the games, took off work and had a great time. It was awesome, however, it still is not a sanctioned state title.

Teams/Fans/Players/Coaches can hype the All A up as much as they want but the All A champ is no more a state title holder than the winner of the LIT each year.

Of course the KHSAA loves the All A (in some ways) because the hollow titles keep the rebels under control.