Are people ok w/ this?

SSC

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... "we're only gonna talk to people who like us."

That's mature... lol... and doesn't do much to help dispel the assertion of an overall liberal media bias.

This is great!

For conservatives anyway... :thumb:

The rush toward Pravda and Tass by this administration will simply be one more foundation stone that will crumble under them.

The fact that Fox News ratings are up 20% this year alone says everything.

Too funny... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The fact that Fox News ratings are up 20% this year alone says everything.

In a way it tells me that conservatives watch more TV and fret about this stuff more than liberals. I would estimate that 75% of all references to the media come from people who consider themselves conservatives. I think it gives them something to talk about - much like the liberal complaints when Bush was in charge.

I can't remember seeing a more arrogant administration than this one. The pettiness is also quite childish. No surprise here though, this is how liberal politicians tend to handle things.

Missed the last 8 years huh? :lol:

Actually, I would say the same about Bush II, Nixon and at some times Clinton.

It's often in the eyes of the beholder. That said, I agree with you RTS. :eek:

I think this is a stupid, arrogant move by this Administration.

In a way it tells me that conservatives watch more TV and fret about this stuff more than liberals.
It could be because a majority of entrepreneurs, small business owners and the self-employed lean conservative. These are not folks who pull a lever in November and expect the kind hearted souls in government office to take care of them for the next four years. They are concerned about how much deeper into their own pockets they are going to be required to reach in order to fulfill the promises of liberals buying votes and power at the expense of achievers.

I would estimate that 75% of all references to the media come from people who consider themselves conservatives.
That's because at least 75% of mainstream media leans liberal, (this strategy out of the White House is some indication of the veracity of this statement.) Therefore, the complaints are naturally going to come from those who disagree with the dominant news flow.

I think it gives them something to talk about - much like the liberal complaints when Bush was in charge.
True... but I think it goes far beyond mere chit-chat.

Missed the last 8 years huh? :lol:

Actually, I would say the same about Bush II, Nixon and at some times Clinton.

It's often in the eyes of the beholder. That said, I agree with you RTS. :eek:

I think this is a stupid, arrogant move by this Administration.

I don't disagree that just about every administration is arrogant, and yes I agree the Bush administration the last eight years was arrogant as well. But, early on, this one takes the cake.

I don't disagree that just about every administration is arrogant, and yes I agree the Bush administration the last eight years was arrogant as well. But, early on, this one takes the cake.

Really? Since Dubya's bunch essentially did the same thing with every network but Fox, really? The Republican Party has engaged in a decades-long anti-media campaign. It's not like these guys don't use the same playbook, D or R.

Really? Since Dubya's bunch essentially did the same thing with every network but Fox, really? The Republican Party has engaged in a decades-long anti-media campaign. It's not like these guys don't use the same playbook, D or R.
You'll have to give me examples of the Bush Admin. stating that the other news outlets were just "opinion journalism masquerading as news." Or “It’s really not news — it’s pushing a point of view.” as Axelrod put it.

I find it absurd for anyone in the White House to resort to such actions. I have no recollection of such things occurring under the Bush administration but I would not be surprised if they did.

I do feel that it cheapens the office somewhat to sink to the level of those they are lashing back out at as well.