Stock Market

HammerTime

Unemployment numbers come out tomorrow. I was just looking online. I saw projections as high as 4 million and 10% unemployment. What will numbers like that do to the market?

I think the stock market will continue to be a rollercoaster. A lot of highs and a lot of lows. Stability still seems distant.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the stock market will continue to be a rollercoaster. A lot of highs and a lot of lows. Stability still seems distant.

Yep. I think it’s important to keep investing if you can. But I wouldn’t go in with big purchases trying to time the bottom. I’m staying slow and steady, while keeping some cash.

Yep. I think it’s important to keep investing if you can. But I wouldn’t go in with big purchases trying to time the bottom. I’m staying slow and steady, while keeping some cash.

Tomorrow will be one of the most important days of the year for the stock market. We should be able to figure out if we hit the bottom at 18k points, or if it's lower. But once we can figure out where the bottom is, that's a huge piece of the puzzle. How the day starts and how the day ends, will tell us how the market is pricing what the heck is going on.

Tomorrow will be one of the most important days of the year for the stock market. We should be able to figure out if we hit the bottom at 18k points, or if it's lower. But once we can figure out where the bottom is, that's a huge piece of the puzzle. How the day starts and how the day ends, will tell us how the market is pricing what the heck is going on.

As of this post, the markets are up about 3%. The record 3.2 million new jobless claims are a non factor today (previous record 695,000 Oct. 1982). Good news from a market viewpoint.

Edited by Voice of Reason

As of this post, the markets are up about 3%. The record 3.2 million new jobless claims are a non factor today (previous record 695,000 Oct. 1982). Good news from a market viewpoint.

OUTstanding news! Traders being optimistic is a big deal. Company stocks going up will mean less job cuts.

• 2 weeks later...

If we are at least on the road back by May 1, OK. If later than that, then the current increase could be a DCB or just a pump and dump game to squeeze what they can out of it. Q1 reports will have a big dent. Q2 we all know are are going to be a pure disaster.

If we are at least on the road back by May 1, OK. If later than that, then the current increase could be a DCB or just a pump and dump game to squeeze what they can out of it. Q1 reports will have a big dent. Q2 we all know are are going to be a pure disaster.

May 1 sentiment or action is going to be huge.

I'm 58, so my main goal is not losing. I think I've positioned myself pretty well there. I sit in a position to make pretty good gains when recovery happens.

It's ok if we hurt the market, but we can't destroy it. As a nation we need to be in a position to recover in a year or so, not 10 years.

May 1 sentiment or action is going to be huge.

I'm 58, so my main goal is not losing. I think I've positioned myself pretty well there. I sit in a position to make pretty good gains when recovery happens.

It's ok if we hurt the market, but we can't destroy it. As a nation we need to be in a position to recover in a year or so, not 10 years.

Same age, same sentiment.

• 2 weeks later...