Stock Market

HammerTime

I have recently started pushing some money into the market and have been doing great.

Some penny stocks I have been messing with are very interesting buys for the future.

BIEL - Expected FDA approval on a drug free pain reliever. (Up 35% today)

VRNM - Just got a 23 Mil investment from BP

BRSI - Emergency parachute systems maker that just signed a $17 Million deal with the army and has to add 100 employees to there current 27.

Anyone else mess with this stuff from time to time.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have recently started pushing some money into the market and have been doing great.

Some penny stocks I have been messing with are very interesting buys for the future.

BIEL - Expected FDA approval on a drug free pain reliever. (Up 35% today)

VRNM - Just got a 23 Mil investment from BP

BRSI - Emergency parachute systems maker that just signed a $17 Million deal with the army and has to add 100 employees to there current 27.

Anyone else mess with this stuff from time to time.

Be VERY VERY careful with penny stocks (bulletin board/pink sheet/etc). These microcap stocks are notorious for very short term price increases followed by a complete collapse. Penny stocks are often pushed by unscrupulous brokers in order to build the price up short term so they can unload their inventory on the mkt which leads to a subsequent collapse in the price of the stock.

There are some good ones out there, but be careful.

I've got my money in two mutual funds which have exceeded my expectations. I enjoy tracking the stock market. I called SHLD back in October and it has done very well but I didn't make a move. Also, go compare Amazon to the Dow or S&P- what they did through the crash is astounding.

Be VERY VERY careful with penny stocks (bulletin board/pink sheet/etc). These microcap stocks are notorious for very short term price increases followed by a complete collapse. Penny stocks are often pushed by unscrupulous brokers in order to build the price up short term so they can unload their inventory on the mkt which leads to a subsequent collapse in the price of the stock.

There are some good ones out there, but be careful.

I agree they are very tricky and dangerous but you can get paid if you find a good one. That is just stuff I play around with. I have the majority in long term stocks.

• 3 weeks later...

Lost of good things happening to SPNG here lately. I look for this BB to at least double by the end of the year. I missed out on a stock that went up over 1,000% 2 days ago and it was up 100% more earlier today. Ouch... I just couldn't make myself pull the trigger.

Got in this at about .14 and it currently sits a .20 or so and things are looking WAY UP for this.

I've been hearing all about Spongetech for a few months now.

I started noticing their advertisements. They're all over professional sports, including on the rotating billboards behind homeplate.

Good luck to ya, HT. But I'll pass..

I've been hearing all about Spongetech for a few months now.

I started noticing their advertisements. They're all over professional sports, including on the rotating billboards behind homeplate.

Good luck to ya, HT. But I'll pass..

It's been interesting to follow that's for sure. I'm not sure I would get in where it is right now but I got in a bit lower and have some profit to work with already. Should be an interesting next week or two for this stock.

You mean for a market as a whole?

Yes. Of course, that may or may not affect penny stocks as much as more long-term oriented decisions (you'd know better than I would). But I was going to make a move this week but I'm going to hold off until the S&P drops off a bit after a correction that I believe is coming.

Yes. Of course, that may or may not affect penny stocks as much as more long-term oriented decisions (you'd know better than I would). But I was going to make a move this week but I'm going to hold off until the S&P drops off a bit after a correction that I believe is coming.

Some people have been saying a correction is due but I haven't noticed it much but it still might happen. SPNG held strong today despite bad news at the opening and the Dow dropping 200. I don't think a correction will matter with this one. There is still a lot of value out there and if you time it right and there is a correction it will be a great time to get in.

HT- I bought 1500 shares of Siri stock when it was 12 cents, its up to .66 and should hit around 70-80 cents by mid Sept. So $195 investment has made me $795 dollars so far. I have watched it like a hawk everyday, penny stocks are very dangerous. However has worked out so far for me.