Obama's "press" conference

SSC

After another well thought out round of questions from the "press" who only ask questions that they are told to ask why did the great One say the cop did anything wrong?

http://wbztv.com/local/obama.comment.cambridge.2.1097782.html

Is he going to stand up for anyone who feels they were falsely arrested from now on and say the cops were wrong? Is this an issue that needed addressed on that stage? Why did nobdy in the press ask about Afghanistan?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes his comments worse is he started his response with "I don't know all the facts".

Yep, I don't know all the facts, but my friend is right and the cop is stupid.

Obama was right, it was absurd for a man to be arrested after he proved he was at his own residence. Anyone else caught in the same situation would feel the same way.

As far as the press conference goes we know he didn't just answer prepared questions because one of the journalist jumped in and asked questions who was not on his list.

Obama was right, it was absurd for a man to be arrested after he proved he was at his own residence. Anyone else caught in the same situation would feel the same way.

As far as the press conference goes we know he didn't just answer prepared questions because one of the journalist jumped in and asked questions who was not on his list.

I don't think he was arrested for not provinding identification.

So he may have had one question that wasn't prepared. I wouldn't be shocked if the "jumping in" wasn't prepared either.

Did you read the police report? Gates deserved to be arrested and is lucky the charges were dropped, if it hadn't received this attention they wouldn't have been.

I can certainly empathize with an elderly black person who has seen things that are racially motivated and can maybe understand his questioning the situation.

However, from the police report, it sounds like he was completely in the wrong and could have handled it much better.

Sounds like Gates got very upset when the police came to his home. What ever happened to people saying, "Hello, I'm Mr. Gates and I live here. My door was jammed and we were trying to get the door open. Here is my ID."

Sounds like Gates got very upset when the police came to his home. What ever happened to people saying, "Hello, I'm Mr. Gates and I live here. My door was jammed and we were trying to get the door open. Here is my ID."

The report I read says he DID show his ID, both his drivers license and his Harvard ID.

Well, I paid for gas on a military installation and the cashier did not process the transaction due to a crowd and only one cash register (two windows). Thank goodness I paid the transaction with a check. I was a civilian and my spouse was active duty military. Yea, he got arrested for a gas drive off. The BX manager acted like it was no big deal. I was furious.

The report I read says he DID show his ID, both his drivers license and his Harvard ID.

Oh well! If he showed his Harvard ID then it's settled...The cop is stupid and should be thrown in jail for a hundred years.:D

Oh well! If he showed his Harvard ID then it's settled...The cop is stupid and should be thrown in jail for a hundred years.:D

He also showed his drivers license according to what I read, which I posted in my original post.

Then I take it you also read that the professor was yelling at the police officer outside his house in front of several witnesses and only after refusing to quiet down was he arrested. Having an ID doesn't entitle you to create a disturbance and if a police officer tells you to do something, you either do it or you go to jail. The professor chose (stupidly IMHO) door number 2.