Info for Trinity, St X and Highlands fans

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Highlands will take the same approach as they did in 2006. I know I was one of the unhappy ones who were basically forced to buy HHS season passes to ensure me that I had seats for a customer for that one game. I don't even think HHS sold presale tickets. The only presale tickets were season passes.

Does anybody know when the season tickets go on sale? Are they sold in the bookstore at Highlands? (If the answers are against BGP rules please sendme a PM. (Thanks)

I have heard there will be national media there. If it is broadcasted this could keep some away that will watch it on TV. However, the media alone will be bringing 20 cars that will have to be close to the school. Talk already about where they will be parking them.

Why national media? Don't get wrong I think that coverage for the kids is great and I applaud it. But why?

Maybe somebody thinks this game will be exciting enough to draw a large T V audience. I have watched many H. S. games on T.V. that were completly boring,and these were supposed to be some great teams from Florida and Texas ....ect ...ect. One thing for sure X and HHS will not be boring. As coach M. said he wants to be national champs,not just state champs. One way to get recognized is to be on national T.V. (IMO)

Why national media? Don't get wrong I think that coverage for the kids is great and I applaud it. But why?

Because they can. Look around the program and you will see that with Cris Collinsworth and Merrill Hoge being involved I'm sure One of them could and would be willing to get something done. Why not!!!!!

Maybe somebody thinks this game will be exciting enough to draw a large T V audience. I have watched many H. S. games on T.V. that were completly boring,and these were supposed to be some great teams from Florida and Texas ....ect ...ect. One thing for sure X and HHS will not be boring. As coach M. said he wants to be national champs,not just state champs. One way to get recognized is to be on national T.V. (IMO)

Highly doubt that.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Based on their schedule:

Aug. 28, vs. Cincinnati Colerain (Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown at UC’s Nippert Stadium), 8:30 p.m.

Sept. 4, at Indianapolis Cathedral

Sept. 11, at Louisville (Ky.) St. Xavier

Sept. 18, Louisville Trinity

Sept. 25, at Fort Thomas (Ky.) Highlands

Oct. 2, Cincinnati Elder

Oct. 9, Cincinnati LaSalle

Oct. 17, Lakewood St. Edward, 2 p.m.

Oct. 24, at Cleveland St. Ignatius, 2 p.m.

Oct. 30, at Cincinnati Moeller

Their easiest game may be Cincinnati LaSalle. Just my opinion.

Highly doubt that.

If they played in 3A,where they should play,they are one of the best team in the country!! What would their won/loss record be iif they played in 3A from the get go? They constantly play 6A teams and usually one or two of the big boys from Ohio,and are very competitive, in all of those games!!! You can have your doubts, but I'll put the birds in a class of their own,at the top!! :D

Well, not sure if they meet your qualification as "powerhouse" teams, but Louisville Manual and Beechwood both added Highlands games this year. Beechwood of course has the titles but they are 1A so that may not be the powerhouse you are referring to. But at least two KY schools stepped up to face Highlands. Plus Ryle has agreed to play Highlands twice.