UK vs UC

Warrior32

GT would be one to know if any talks were or have been going on. I haven't even heard it brought up in quite a while :idunno:. Really, the last time that I can recall is when Pitino was at U.K.. when ask Pitino put an end to it stating that U.K. already had enough rival games (OOC) at that time and he wanted to concentrate on the SEC schedule after playing I.U. and U.L. (there were also a couple other very big OOC games at that time.

I agree in that it would be one heck of a game and $$$ draw for both schools.

Why? UK has nothing to gain by playing them. UC vs. UK...seriously?

No win situation for UK. If they win they are supposed to. If they don't what is the problem? Get it?

I disagree, UC has a solid program and has held their own in the mighty Big East. I think UC would be a huge upgrade to UK's schedule and would make for some good gamesmanship with GT.

I remember when UK/UC had the fast paced game in the 80's (something like 22-14?).

Seems like the UK powers-that-were swore off of ever playing a regular season series with them after that. Could the ghost of this game still be interfering?

I don't think that could be more wrong.

I'm curious why you feel that way.

As I look at it, I'm not sure what UK gains by playing Cincy.

1. I don't believe it would warrant much in national exposure because neither have been at the top of their game the last couple of years. UK would gain much more playing a Gonzaga, a UConn, a Michigan State, a Kansas, or even more so a Memphis.

2. The biggest exposure would be regional and like has been noted, what is gained versus what is lost for UK? It doesn't balance out IMO.

3. It won't help in recruiting. The UK image in this region is already at it's peak. When you play an inter-conference game, one thing you look for is recruiting exposure. Can't see how playing the Bearcats does that.

I'm just curious about the counter arguments to this. What are some seeing that I obviously am not? :idunno:

I would like to see a WVU/UK series, I think Huggins will have WVU playing very well soon.

While interesting to think about, what would UK gain in that series? West Virginia is not historically a recruiting hotbed for UK (exceptions are Patterson and Prickett of late). Other than the appeal of Hugs versus Cal (which is regional only), what would a series like that do for UK in meeting their goals?

While interesting to think about, what would UK gain in that series? West Virginia is not historically a recruiting hotbed for UK (exceptions are Patterson and Prickett of late). Other than the appeal of Hugs versus Cal (which is regional only), what would a series like that do for UK in meeting their goals?
As with a UC match-up..... RPI ratings? The Cats will still need that, right?

I don't know, wasn't Michael Beasley going to try to follow Huggins to West Virginia but Kansas State would release him from his letter? Also, Joe Alexander and Devin Ebanks have both been really good players, so maybe Huggins can make that a pretty good team.