This Quote Is Going to Bite President Obama...

Clyde

People make remarks with unintended results. Sometimes those remarks display hidden insensitivities. If you're married and a man, you do it all the time.

However, doesn't anyone wish, just once, that one of these public figures who slip up like this would actually stand up and make the apology themselves instead of letting the White House Press Secretary do it?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you imagine the outrage if Bush had said this???
I assume it would have been the lead on the news.

While it may not be the lead, the President will have some backlash from this. Come out and apologize first thing this morning and put it to rest.

It won't be received well, but it should be understood for what it was. We've all made statements that we immediately wished we hadn't said them as soon as the words were out. I don't think for one minute that the President intended any disrespect to the disabled or to special olympics. He made a poor comparison and he should have thought his comment out better, but it was not meant to be derogatory.

Agreed. He's only human. I just wish folks on the other side could be as tolerant when Republican leaders make similar gaffs i.e. strategery. But alas, that's not the America we live in these days. Very sad.

Agreed. He's only human. I just wish folks on the other side could be as tolerant when Republican leaders make similar gaffs i.e. strategery. But alas, that's not the America we live in these days. Very sad.

When a republican does it they are a racially motivated, small minded, insensitive bigot. When a democrat does it, they are human.

I agree all of us make mistakes, and I am sure President Obama would gladly take back those comments.

I am willing to bet that while MSNBC is still bashing Bush, Cheney, McCain & Palin, ... this won't warrant as much as as mention. And if it is mentioned, ... it will be the 'he is only human' answer that they would never dream of using for a republican gaffe.

When a republican does it they are a racially motivated, small minded, insensitive bigot. When a democrat does it, they are human.

I agree all of us make mistakes, and I am sure President Obama would gladly take back those comments.

I am willing to bet that while MSNBC is still bashing Bush, Cheney, McCain & Palin, ... this won't warrant as much as as mention. And if it is mentioned, ... it will be the 'he is only human' answer that they would never dream of using for a republican gaffe.

I agree, BHO could take a dump in the middle of the oval office and MSNBC would call it air freshner...

Not a big deal.

Questionable choice of words for a man in his position, but it's not an issue.

Obviously, the right wing talking heads will be all over it like a bunch of termites on the last tree for a hundred miles.

I'm so sick of the way our nation constantly looks for anything to jump on and be "offended" by. It's tiring. And, to be honest, I think it detracts from issues that really are worthy of attention.