Learning How to Tie a Tie...

MJAlltheWay24

Just always had my roommate or someone tie one for me lol.

I feel like I get so close to what I want it to look like, but then I just suck at like the last two steps lol.

Once you get it, don't untie the tie. Just loosen it and slip it over your head and you won't have to worry about it in the future. :D

Reptition is the mother of memory. Keep on doing it and it comes.

Exactly. I may have had to tie a tie two dozen times in my lifetime, but I still remember how to do it with no problems. Mind you, I don't always get it right the first time, but the second time's usually a winner.

On a fairly serious note.

I was involved in a car accident over 20 years ago. Head nearly through the windshield, mild retrograde and anterograde amnesia. I know, to some of you that may explain a lot.

One of the most upsetting things that happened during the aftermath was completely forgetting how to tie a tie. Unbelievably frustrating, as I knew that I SHOULD be able to do it. No sympathy from family members who shall remain nameless, either - they thought it was a barrel of laughs.

It eventually came back, but that may have been the strangest part of the whole thing. That, and always wearing my seatbelts now.

I wore a tie to school from the 1st grade to my senior year in HS. Then when I stated to work in the hospitality industry, I wore one every day to work for over twenty five years. When I started on my current job, it took me forever to get use to not wearing a tie, I actually felt naked without one for months. I learned to tie my own tie by the time I got into the third grade if you couldn't tie your own tie, the other kids would make fun of you.....