2009 Greenup County

Ram

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ I heard from a parent that there were 59 showing up.

Does this number include next year's freshman? They are eligible to come out for weightlifting, but correct me if I am wrong, not participate in "Official" Spring Football. (Which starts on Monday.)

Does this number include next year's freshman? They are eligible to come out for weightlifting, but correct me if I am wrong, not participate in "Official" Spring Football. (Which starts on Monday.)

Don't know. I was just told 59 were participating in weightlifting with the new coach.

Apparently Joe Grubb spoke with Mr. Hughes and committed the boosters to this project. Although the Board is providing the money, the boosters will provide all the labor. (Just as we provide all the labor for mowing and painting the field.) We will begin working on the field this Satuday at 9am. I don't agree with it either, but we play the hand we are dealt. The ultimate goal is to have a safe playing field for our boys.

There is lack of communication at GC that amazes me. Most of the boosters were unaware that we were committing to this project. It was discussed at a subcommittee meeting, not a full meeting and AD Ailister did not have any idea it was going to the Board. He is concerned regarding a possible interferance with Track. I appreciate those people who go out of their way to make things happen, just feel there needs to be better communication and proper rules of order observed regarding decision making and voting projects up or down.

This should be done by the school, ridiculous that the boosters have do it.. I will be glad to try and work this out for us if need be, don't understand this at all....

I was told yesterday that everyone is still coming on friday nite to get the field ready.

This is confusing because I received an email from the TD Club Secretary that said Friday night was canceled and we would need to be there on Saturday only. Joe Grubb told me it was to go through signs for the Golf outing.

The whole issue of the TD Club providing the labor to reinstall sprinklers and retop the field is a very sore point with me. I do not think the boosters should be responsible for this. There are larger issues at play than saving money. Things like liability and insurance.

We already mow and paint the field. We weed eat and pick up trash. This is plenty of work! I am not begrudging any work that is done to support our boys, but once again the administration needs to take some responsibility for the upkeep and regular maintenance of their sports facilities.

Edited by Ram

60+

I look for a few more in the summer after baseball.:clap:

There seems to be stir among juniors(seniors in 2010) about football, I'll wait to see if anything materializes. GC gets the players out and they buy into the system could be interesting season.

I look forward to watching already and don't even have a kid playing.

Coach Copley went to the middle schools today "39" (8th grade) players signed up to play for next season. He's looking around 20-30players for next years freshmen.

This is awesome. On top of the 60 players we already have coming out for weightlifting!!! It looks like we will have to hit the fundraising pretty hard as we do not have enough uniforms for all these players. (Though I concede this is a good problem to have!)

Last night we walked the field and marked the sprinkler heads to be removed today. The entire irrigation system will be replaced and the field re-topped and new grass planted. The insurance issue has been taken care of, Ailister told me papers were on file with Superintendent Hughes.

I spoke with Coach Copley yesterday and he is working on a list of needs, prioritizing them by "have to haves" and wants. One of the first issues is equipment for the boys. Our shoulder pads are in terrible shape. Coach Mullins said most of them have been in use since before he played. This is a safety issue for GC and needs to be handled. We have had injuries in the past related to this poor equipment. The school is responsible for helmuts and shoulder pads, so we need to get them on board and get this taken care of as soon as possible.

David Duncan showed up yesterday and does want to play. He was being fitted for shoulder pads while I was there. It looked as if the set he was trying on was from JFL!!!!

Coach said he will have an intrasquad game, at the end of the second week of spring practice. It will probably take place right after school.

Monday it will reallly kick into gear. Spring Practice is from 3:30 - 5:30. The boys are very excited!!

Let's go Greenup!!!

This is awesome. On top of the 60 players we already have coming out for weightlifting!!! It looks like we will have to hit the fundraising pretty hard as we do not have enough uniforms for all these players. (Though I concede this is a good problem to have!)

Last night we walked the field and marked the sprinkler heads to be removed today. The entire irrigation system will be replaced and the field re-topped and new grass planted. The insurance issue has been taken care of, Ailister told me papers were on file with Superintendent Hughes.

I spoke with Coach Copley yesterday and he is working on a list of needs, prioritizing them by "have to haves" and wants. One of the first issues is equipment for the boys. Our shoulder pads are in terrible shape. Coach Mullins said most of them have been in use since before he played. This is a safety issue for GC and needs to be handled. We have had injuries in the past related to this poor equipment. The school is responsible for helmuts and shoulder pads, so we need to get them on board and get this taken care of as soon as possible.

David Duncan showed up yesterday and does want to play. He was being fitted for shoulder pads while I was there. It looked as if the set he was trying on was from JFL!!!!

Coach said he will have an intrasquad game, at the end of the second week of spring practice. It will probably take place right after school.

Monday it will reallly kick into gear. Spring Practice is from 3:30 - 5:30. The boys are very excited!!

Let's go Greenup!!!

We will get the equipment for the boys, the BOE will know about this need.

We will get the equipment for the boys, the BOE will know about this need.

Thanks recpark, you have done a great job communicating the Team's needs to the BOE and lobbying for investing in Greenup County Football!!