2009 Greenup County

Ram

Apparently Joe Grubb spoke with Mr. Hughes and committed the boosters to this project. Although the Board is providing the money, the boosters will provide all the labor. (Just as we provide all the labor for mowing and painting the field.) We will begin working on the field this Satuday at 9am. I don't agree with it either, but we play the hand we are dealt. The ultimate goal is to have a safe playing field for our boys.

There is lack of communication at GC that amazes me. Most of the boosters were unaware that we were committing to this project. It was discussed at a subcommittee meeting, not a full meeting and AD Ailister did not have any idea it was going to the Board. He is concerned regarding a possible interferance with Track. I appreciate those people who go out of their way to make things happen, just feel there needs to be better communication and proper rules of order observed regarding decision making and voting projects up or down.

The boosters will be working on the Football Field, Friday, March 13th starting at 5pm???? Are they working on the field Friday?

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The boosters will be working on the Football Field, Friday, March 13th starting at 5pm???? Are they working on the field Friday?

The Friday night work session has been cancelled. We will start work on Saturday morning.

I believe that the parents in the Boosters only want the best for the team.If it weren't for them alot of things would NEVER get done. My only concern is if the Boosters keep giving into the schools lack of wanting to take care of THEIR responsibilities, then the Board will keeep asking for more:irked:. There is NO reason that the parents of the Boosters Club should have to paint,mow and now reseed the schools football field.JMO.But what can you do ??? Thumbs up :thumb:for those parents who love their football and their boys.I will see you at the field Saturday morning anyone bringing coffee?

Are they planning to have a spring ball game?

My son had said that they were starting spring ball Monday of next week, that they were just lifting this week. But he did not say anything about a game of any kind.. It would be nice if the weather would stay on our side.

Edited by how-u-doin
spelling

My son had said that they were starting spring ball Monday of next week, that they were just lifting this week. But he did not say anything about a game of any kind.. It would be nice if the weather would stay on our side.

They may have an intrasquad game. I hope so, especially if the weather is nice!!!

One of the line coaches is here. Not sure when the other two coaches he has selected will be starting. Coach Sammons is no longer teaching his courses. Coach Copley took over his weightlifting classes this past Monday. I am not sure if Sammons is finishing the school year at Greenup or what he will be doing.

One of the line coaches is here. Not sure when the other two coaches he has selected will be starting. Coach Sammons is no longer teaching his courses. Coach Copley took over his weightlifting classes this past Monday. I am not sure if Sammons is finishing the school year at Greenup or what he will be doing.

I knew you would know!:D Your new name is now the INFO man.

One thing I do not know is when the new weightlifting room will be set up and in place. I heard from the conditioning coach that they hope to have it up and running before summer weightlifting begins in June.

One thing GC needs to work on is finishing a project the weight room should have been ready by now! The team needs this now not this summer!