2009 Greenup County

Ram

Meenach looks to be the front runner at QB this year. Really surpised me with how well he's learning the offense. He's just going to a sophmore next season. Right now Lyle looks good but Terry Waugh is out with his hand. GC is problem right now might be finding a fullback for the belly. Defensive Line looks stacked with Grayson, Kitchen and Tackett. I love the way Copley runs the practice!!!

Lots of boys on the field yesterday, some were faces I did not recognize. So did Cameron Crum not try for QB? I agree about how Copley runs practice it was completely different from what the boys are use to. I think that Terry Waugh will recover and him and Lyle will be something to watch. The defensive line man they are stacked and I love the new line coach ,he knows his stuff.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lots of boys on the field yesterday, some were faces I did not recognize. So did Cameron Crum not try for QB? I agree about how Copley runs practice it was completely different from what the boys are use to. I think that Terry Waugh will recover and him and Lyle will be something to watch. The defensive line man they are stacked and I love the new line coach ,he knows his stuff.

I don't know if Crum went for QB or WR. On Defense the Linebacker spot might take sometime to develop players there. Lyle, Means....etc. Any other players trying out for linebackers?

I don't know if Crum went for QB or WR. On Defense the Linebacker spot might take sometime to develop players there. Lyle, Means....etc. Any other players trying out for linebackers?

Do you think we will have several players playing both ways, or will some of the newbies take over some postions?:idunno: I believe Marcus Worthington will see some play time if he sticks with it. He will be a senior he also has a younger brother playing, not sure his grade.

I really don't see Grayson, Kitchen and Tackett playing offense. I would say at the skills positions they'll be alot playing both ways at the first of the season. The game GC is going to play next season will pound the football with a physical Defense. Marcus Worthington is his brother name Shelby Worthington? If so Shelby will be starting offense of line. By the first game I think people will be surpised how good the Offense of line will be with this offense. Plus it helps when you're going against that good of Defense of line. Defense of line and Defense of backfield be strength for GC next season. The big thing will be the Linebackers.

I really don't see Grayson, Kitchen and Tackett playing offense. I would say at the skills positions they'll be alot playing both ways at the first of the season. The game GC is going to play next season will pound the football with a physical Defense. Marcus Worthington is his brother name Shelby Worthington? If so Shelby will be starting offense of line. By the first game I think people will be surpised how good the Offense of line will be with this offense. Plus it helps when you're going against that good of Defense of line. Defense of line and Defense of backfield be strength for GC next season. The big thing will be the Linebackers.

No Marcus has a brother named Eric, I believe he will be a Junior. Who played linebacker positions last year?

It wouldn't surpise me next season to see a freshmen start or get alot of playing time at linebacker. Last name Duncan, he has a older brother David Duncan that plays. Kid has great size, strength and speed not just for a incoming freshmen. The big thing will hurt him is not having good coach's at the middle school level.

It wouldn't surpise me next season to see a freshmen start or get alot of playing time at linebacker. Last name Duncan, he has a older brother David Duncan that plays. Kid has great size, strength and speed not just for a incoming freshmen. The big thing will hurt him is not having good coach's at the middle school level.
Steven Duncan is a great football player.

Steven Duncan is a great football player.

Thanks for having my back coup!!!!

I forgot all about Marsh. After watching him run the football and go through linebacker drills, he's going to be a stud. You can tell the boy has been hitting the weights when everybody else hasn't. I would put money on Marsh Starting fullback/middle linebacker next season. You have to love players like him. Crum look really good throughout drills. Another great practice today!!! Keep up the great work guys!!!

The Linebackers as they are working out now are:

Outside Linebackers: Corey Lyle, Terry Waugh, Spencer Means, Brandon Marsh

Middle Linebackers: Nick Thornton, Joey Aeh, and Brad Hensley

and perhaps a couple more I am missing.

Steven is a great football player but I do not see any Freshman starting Varsity. I am sure he will get the Freshman start and perhaps have a good shot starting JV.

Steven is a great football player but I do not see any Freshman starting Varsity. I am sure he will get the Freshman start and perhaps have a good shot starting JV.

I'm not saying by the first of the season maybe middle or end of the season. Special Teams will help that kid show off his talents. Just needs to hit the weights just like everybody else needs too. Practice today?

I'm not saying by the first of the season maybe middle or end of the season. Special Teams will help that kid show off his talents. Just needs to hit the weights just like everybody else needs too. Practice today?

You are right about that, the 8th graders are eligible to ride the bus and lift weights after school. I know the previous classes began doing this in January of their 8th grade year. So I wonder when next year's freshman will start lifting? They need to hit it hard now!! Anyone have any opinions on talent/skill positions, etc for incoming freshman?

What a difference in practice, they hit more yesterday in practice in just shoulder pads and helmets than they did all year last year during practice.

Wow, love the way the practice moves, everybody is involved, nobody is walking, everyone is running from drill area to drill area and they are constantly saying, don't be last, don't be last, truly awesome, can't wait to see the game next week...