2009 Greenup County

Ram

I hope not because it does cause alot of problems when this happens.IMO if the boys don't have a medical ,playing other sports or something like this reason then there is no excuse for not showing up. If their hearts are not in it then the TEAM does not need them!

Agree with you 100%. I do not care how great an athlete someone is, if the attitude is not right, and they are not committed, then the TEAM is better off without that person. I think the problem we are seeing with some "superstar" proffessional athletes, started in High School, when coaches let them get by with murder, just to get a win.

Football is a team sport, one disciplined, committed group of boys can do anything!!!

When I stopped by weightlifting today the boys were working HARD!! I also noticed that there wasn't all the "goofing" around that we have seen in the past. I am very proud of all these guys, the work they are putting in now, will pay off in the future!

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The "special Board meeting" schedule for this month is as follows:

March 3 - Wurtland Middle School

March 9 - Wurtland Elementary

March 10 - Greysbranch Elementary

March 16 - McKell Elementary

March 17 - McKell Middle School

March 19 - Argillite Elementary

Regular Board Meeting March 23 - Greysbranch Elementary

These meetings were intended to meet with site based councils to evaluate each schools programs, what is working what is not working, etc.

Last night they did discuss the Football Field and made the decision to let the booster club do any and all maintenance on the Football Field. I spoke with Ailister this morning and he did not know anything about this being discussed. He is trying to track down what happened.

They voted last night to crown the field and put bluegrass back down so the field will hold up during the winter, coach doesn't want bermuda.

We are waiting on the paper work to get done with the stimulas package to build the fieldhouse, it will have a classroom, film room and be a first class facility, something we will be very proud of and it will be the players second home.

We are also going to get the lights and the bleachers done as well.

This will be up for a vote within the next 2 meetings according to one of the board members and all the board is behind it as well as the Administration.

Then we will work on turf, never, ever give up on what we deserve GCHS...

The "special Board meeting" schedule for this month is as follows:

March 3 - Wurtland Middle School

March 9 - Wurtland Elementary

March 10 - Greysbranch Elementary

March 16 - McKell Elementary

March 17 - McKell Middle School

March 19 - Argillite Elementary

Regular Board Meeting March 23 - Greysbranch Elementary

These meetings were intended to meet with site based councils to evaluate each schools programs, what is working what is not working, etc.

Last night they did discuss the Football Field and made the decision to let the booster club do any and all maintenance on the Football Field. I spoke with Ailister this morning and he did not know anything about this being discussed. He is trying to track down what happened.

This is just not right I can't think of any schools where the boosters has to take care of the field. :deadhorse:. I think that something should be done about this, I for one know that the boosters does not have the man power for this.

Just wondering was anyone from the boosters even at this meeting ?

Edited by how-u-doin
spelling

Apparently Joe Grubb spoke with Mr. Hughes and committed the boosters to this project. Although the Board is providing the money, the boosters will provide all the labor. (Just as we provide all the labor for mowing and painting the field.) We will begin working on the field this Satuday at 9am. I don't agree with it either, but we play the hand we are dealt. The ultimate goal is to have a safe playing field for our boys.

There is lack of communication at GC that amazes me. Most of the boosters were unaware that we were committing to this project. It was discussed at a subcommittee meeting, not a full meeting and AD Ailister did not have any idea it was going to the Board. He is concerned regarding a possible interferance with Track. I appreciate those people who go out of their way to make things happen, just feel there needs to be better communication and proper rules of order observed regarding decision making and voting projects up or down.