2009 Greenup County

Ram

I don't think Agriculture is a joke, and did not in any way slight someone's way of living. I believe I said the way this class is conducted is a joke. I said this in response to the statement that parents had come to a school meeting about the class! I wish more parents would get outraged by the state of the Greenup Educational system as a whole, not just because they want to get involved in some type of drama. Why aren't parents storming the school on behalf of textbooks? Not that they are in poor condition, but the fact that, basically we do not have any!! If Greenup wants to offer a serious Agriculture course, then they should do so! There are many benefits to understanding the science behind fertilization/grow cycles, etc.

[B]I don't care one way or another, where the new weight room is located. Just that it is finally located, somewhere!

[/b]

This is what I want also.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys, first of all, I am a sports fan and love high school football. I want Greenup to succeed in all sports. But Purefan, Bench and anyone else that thinks Agriculture class is a joke better rethink their opinions. There may be kids who take this class as an easy A, but Greenup County is THE county school and Agriculture makes much a huge faction of the student's family economy. The school use to let these kids out for 5 unexcused absences to help with the family tobacco in the fall and kids are still excused to tend to their livestock at the County Fair each fall. To slight this way of living or their educational resources is wrong. The school should have thought a little harder about where to put this new weight room instead of taking from others.

What kind of post would you have if Soccer needed a locker room and they hastily gave them the football locker room and told the football players to, "go dress in the gym"? Enough said.

I agree100% with this statement.

I have supported Greenup County schools' academics and athletics for more than ten years. I have been a volunteer in the elementary, middle and high schools. All I have ever wanted is the best for Greenup County. I don't believe I need to say any more to defend myself.

Now back to what this thread is supposed to be all about: Greenup County Football! I hope that a location for the new weightroom can be determined soon. I also hope that things can be more positive at the highschool, before Coach Copley arrives. I would like to see all the staff welcome him with open arms and give him all the support he needs to succeed.

Coach Copley told me Saturday that he intends to be here Thursday night. He was moving things here Saturday and is excited about getting started and Coupon was giving me grief as usual. I think that people should know that Coupon and Mrs. Coupon were very nice to help them move a lot of their things into the house. So, the next time you see him, tell him thanks.:thumb:

Coach Copley told me Saturday that he intends to be here Thursday night. He was moving things here Saturday and is excited about getting started and Coupon was giving me grief as usual. I think that people should know that Coupon and Mrs. Coupon were very nice to help them move a lot of their things into the house. So, the next time you see him, tell him thanks.:thumb:
Just doing my part to make he and his wife feel welcome. To be real honest it was all the wife's doing.

Spoke to coach last night, he will be at the school on Friday. The boys better be ready to hit it hard, he is going to put them all on certain diets (individually) and set expectations in the weight room for each player, finally we see the light...

Spoke to coach last night, he will be at the school on Friday. The boys better be ready to hit it hard, he is going to put them all on certain diets (individually) and set expectations in the weight room for each player, finally we see the light...

Who will monitor these diets?

Is Hampton going to play?

It sounds like Copley may be the man for the job.

When will GC officially start spring practice?

Just spoke to coach, he was going to be at the school Friday morning but since school is out he will meet with them on Monday, fit them with helmets and shoulder pads and start spring practice on Thursday and it looks like he will lay some serious ground rules then for all the kids. #1 they better be in the weight room and giving everything they got, he is firing me up, wishing I could put the pads back on:thumb:...

I would love to be in their shoes again doing power cleans, deadlift, squat,etc.! Working out in that dirty, old, run down weightroom. They're so "LUCKY"!!!!

We are very lucky B350, Coach Copley is the right man at the right time for GCHS, no doubt!

Coach Copley is going to be looking for leaders right from the get go from our young men, they will need to step up big time, he runs his program like a small college and it will be an eye opener for most of our young men because they have not been a part of such a class act program. The more I listen and learn about Coach Copley the more excited I get for our program.

I spoke to Kitchen, he is ready to put on the Green, Black and Gold so kill those rumors, he is jacked up about Coach Copley...

Met one sophomore(junior) today in a sad situation his grandfather passed away but talked to him about football and new coach and he is really excited about spring ball. He can't wait. What a great day to be a MUSKETEER:banana::ylsuper: