2009 Greenup County

Ram

Coach Copley is going to be looking for leaders right from the get go from our young men, they will need to step up big time, he runs his program like a small college and it will be an eye opener for most of our young men because they have not been a part of such a class act program. The more I listen and learn about Coach Copley the more excited I get for our program.

I spoke to Kitchen, he is ready to put on the Green, Black and Gold so kill those rumors, he is jacked up about Coach Copley...

Greenup will have a great line next year. I am not sure about what rumors are out there, but GC has a wonderful Junior to be class on the line and in the backfield. If this class could have all stayed together (transfers and injured), they would definitely been the dominant team in the area for the next two years.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Greenup will have a great line next year. I am not sure about what rumors are out there, but GC has a wonderful Junior to be class on the line and in the backfield. If this class could have all stayed together (transfers and injured), they would definitely been the dominant team in the area for the next two years.

You are right Doc but we still have a good team to work with, a lot of young talent coming into the sophomore year and our Juniors are strong as well. We have several great athletes walking the halls and with Mike Hampton coming out I look for a couple more great athletes to follow.

Coach Copley will get them motivated for some FOOTBALL.... :thumb:

I hope the GC faithful dont expect the new coach to be Vince Lombardi. The rebuilding process will take time. It will not happen overnight.

VERY TRUE!!! But they should be able to compete with everybody on their schedule.

VERY TRUE!!! But they should be able to compete with everybody on their schedule.

Yes, they should be able to compete with the schedule they have. The biggest hurdle will be getting the kids to realize their potential. There has always been this attitude at GC that it is expected to find a way to lose in the fourth quarter. If the other team gets a big play late in the game, the kids hang their heads instead of having a killer mentality. They need to find a way to keep a positive, not cocky, attitude and expect to match the opponents big plays and find ways to win, not lose. The current seniors to be have 9 wins in 3 years and they need to reverse the "stinkin' thinkin'" and you'll see good things start to happen.

I hope the GC faithful dont expect the new coach to be Vince Lombardi. The rebuilding process will take time. It will not happen overnight.

You are right, but I hope it doesn't take too long to see a change in the kids. I think being competitive will be a good sign and the wins should start to follow.

I know they open with Ashland in week 0, August 21st. I know they play Portsmouth Notre Dame (Coach Mike Sammons, offensive coodinator) instead of Letcher County Central. They play Raceland at Raceland on September 11th.

Ashland

Russell

Notre Dame

Raceland

I think that is the first 4 games.

I know they open with Ashland in week 0, August 21st. I know they play Portsmouth Notre Dame (Coach Mike Sammons, offensive coodinator) instead of Letcher County Central. They play Raceland at Raceland on September 11th.

Ashland

Russell

Notre Dame

Raceland

I think that is the first 4 games.

You can add district games with:

Boyd County

Rowan County

Lawrence County

East Carter

Yes, they should be able to compete with the schedule they have. The biggest hurdle will be getting the kids to realize their potential. There has always been this attitude at GC that it is expected to find a way to lose in the fourth quarter. If the other team gets a big play late in the game, the kids hang their heads instead of having a killer mentality. They need to find a way to keep a positive, not cocky, attitude and expect to match the opponents big plays and find ways to win, not lose. The current seniors to be have 9 wins in 3 years and they need to reverse the "stinkin' thinkin'" and you'll see good things start to happen.

This attitude is not with the to be juniors, this I know...

This attitude is not with the to be juniors, this I know...

I meant that as a whole, the attitude from the kids in the program has to change. It doesn't matter if one class thinks positive, you need all 40 or 50 kids thinking the same way. Everyone having confidence in each other allows a positive energy on the field and that is when good things happen.

QUOTE=sidelinedoc;3314478]I meant that as a whole, the attitude from the kids in the program has to change. It doesn't matter if one class thinks positive, you need all 40 or 50 kids thinking the same way. Everyone having confidence in each other allows a positive energy on the field and that is when good things happen.

:ylsuper: