2009 Greenup County

Ram

After a review of program rules, I want to take back my use of the word "mandatory". It can not be mandatory, and to avoid any possible rules violations I would recomend that attendance not be taken. I support an off season weightlifting program, as my previous posts will prove. BUT, we need to be vary careful when discussing attendance expectations. The only "mandatory" activities for Football begin in July.

I was talking about the kids that were sitting at the house. GC has a off season weightlifting program? They haven't had a off season weightlifting program since 02'/03'!!! How can you make the players accountable for anything then?

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The answer to your question Bench is twofold. 1.) Weightlifting for your football players needs to be part of their schedule. Yes, they have weightlifting last period, but make the football players take it. This is how you make off season weight lifting "mandatory". 2.) The kids have to have the desire to compete and want to be better. Winning will help bring back that desire.

Anything to add to this Coupon?:lol:

The answer to your question Bench is twofold. 1.) Weightlifting for your football players needs to be part of their schedule. Yes, they have weightlifting last period, but make the football players take it. This is how you make off season weight lifting "mandatory". 2.) The kids have to have the desire to compete and want to be better. Winning will help bring back that desire.

I'm not Coupon but I do agree with you, weightlifting is part of their schedule but you have to run it correctly not half done and yes you have make it a competition so that they compete. Winning will bring that but so will the attitude of the coach and those that surround the coach.

I'm not Coupon but I do agree with you, weightlifting is part of their schedule but you have to run it correctly not half done and yes you have make it a competition so that they compete. Winning will bring that but so will the attitude of the coach and those that surround the coach.

Touche`. After meeting the Coach and his wife Saturday afternoon, I think Greenup is in the right hands. It is a small world. He is good friends with my brother-in-law's friends and he and his wife are acquaintances with my wife's first cousin in Paintsville. We seemed to have a lot in common. They seem like an awesome couple!

Touche`. After meeting the Coach and his wife Saturday afternoon, I think Greenup is in the right hands. It is a small world. He is good friends with my brother-in-law's friends and he and his wife are acquaintances with my wife's first cousin in Paintsville. We seemed to have a lot in common. They seem like an awesome couple!

Doc, good to have you back! I agree with everything you have just posted!:thumb:

I knew you couldnt stay away from me for long.

Coach Copley stated yesterday that he has been told that we hope to have him at GCHS by the end of next week. Let's hope that is the case.

:dancingpa

Yes, we do hope that this is the case. Everyone is excited and ready to start seeing what type of team we can be next year. I know the boys are eager to get to know the new Coach and start playing some football!