2009 Greenup County

Ram

I heard Spencer Means if he can

This young man has alot on his plate right now, and I am not sure he will be able to balance his personal life with the demands of Football. (Although other students have done this, it is pretty tough!) I wish the best for him whatever his decision.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I heard today that there has been a big uproar at GC this week over the new weight room taking the place of the ag room. Anyone hear this. Copley will be here as soon as next week.

Yes, I heard that the ag teacher was going to teach Ag on a cart.

I heard today that there has been a big uproar at GC this week over the new weight room taking the place of the ag room. Anyone hear this. Copley will be here as soon as next week.

Now I am really starting to realize why Greenup County Football has been taking it on the chin for so long....

Seems like everything GCHS has done or tried to do to make things better there is someone right there to try and knock it back down again.

All the things we are going through and have gone through are going to make us even stronger.

" When a great man has some one object in view to be achieved in a given time, it may be absolutely necessary for him to walk out of all the common roads."

Edmund Burke

Now I am really starting to realize why Greenup County Football has been taking it on the chin for so long....

Seems like everything GCHS has done or tried to do to make things better there is someone right there to try and knock it back down again.

All the things we are going through and have gone through are going to make us even stronger.

" When a great man has some one object in view to be achieved in a given time, it may be absolutely necessary for him to walk out of all the common roads."

Edmund Burke

:thumb:There will always be those who want to be negative, who like to create drama! Let's just ignore them and keep moving forward!

Edmund Burke

I hope you don't think that I'm being negative and not supportive of the GCHS football team. I don't believe you will find anyone more supportive of the team than myself. The only thing I said was that they were going to have Ag on a Cart. Anytime you take away from another teacher and another program then you make some area of the school weaker, that was my comment.

I am not trying to knock anything down especially concerning the football program.:irked:

I hope you don't think that I'm being negative and not supportive of the GCHS football team. I don't believe you will find anyone more supportive of the team than myself. The only thing I said was that they were going to have Ag on a Cart. Anytime you take away from another teacher and another program then you make some area of the school weaker, that was my comment.

I am not trying to knock anything down especially concerning the football program.:irked:

On the serious side that class was a joke when I was in High School and the students I still talk to say it's the same way. What is the big diffence between the teacher having cart and having a set class room. I'm sure the students will still be sitting in class doing nothing besides looking at a power point with maybe 10 questions at the end which everybody copy's off each other. Do you think that students preparing themselves for college actually going to take that class? I wouldn't bet on it!!! I don't see any down side to it. Their is more of a up side with athletes having to make the grades to play that sport.

On the serious side that class was a joke when I was in High School and the students I still talk to say it's the same way. What is the big diffence between the teacher having cart and having a set class room. I'm sure the students will still be sitting in class doing nothing besides looking at a power point with maybe 10 questions at the end which everybody copy's off each other. Do you think that students preparing themselves for college actually going to take that class? I wouldn't bet on it!!! I don't see any down side to it. Their is more of a up side with athletes having to make the grades to play that sport.

Well apparently there was enough up roar about it that there was a meeting on Thursday night and enough parents came out concerning it. I'm sure there are a lot of classes in school that some people may not get anything out of but if you look at the scholarship list at GCHS this year, 2 full pages and 90% of the scholarships for college has something to do with farming. So apparently someone thinks it is important.

And what does this bold statement mean anyway?

Edited by Mom55
add to

So there was a meeting regarding the Ag class? Seriously? You would think they would be in an uproar that this class is conducted in the manner it is! A student joke, easy A, etc. There very well may be scholarship opportunities for kids interested in agriculture, but how many students at Greenup actually pursue this type of degree?

It seems that there is a faction at Greenup that does not want to see our athletic programs improved. The weightroom is to be used for all programs, not just football. Why does there seem to be an "either/or" mentality developing at Greenup? There are millions of dollars coming to Greenup for academics from the stimulus bill. Those that want to see more positive things develop academically should spend time working/developing programs that improve our school educationally and not working to tear down athletics.

Guys, first of all, I am a sports fan and love high school football. I want Greenup to succeed in all sports. But Purefan, Bench and anyone else that thinks Agriculture class is a joke better rethink their opinions. There may be kids who take this class as an easy A, but Greenup County is THE county school and Agriculture makes much a huge faction of the student's family economy. The school use to let these kids out for 5 unexcused absences to help with the family tobacco in the fall and kids are still excused to tend to their livestock at the County Fair each fall. To slight this way of living or their educational resources is wrong. The school should have thought a little harder about where to put this new weight room instead of taking from others.

What kind of post would you have if Soccer needed a locker room and they hastily gave them the football locker room and told the football players to, "go dress in the gym"? Enough said.

Guys, first of all, I am a sports fan and love high school football. I want Greenup to succeed in all sports. But Purefan, Bench and anyone else that thinks Agriculture class is a joke better rethink their opinions. There may be kids who take this class as an easy A, but Greenup County is THE county school and Agriculture makes much a huge faction of the student's family economy. The school use to let these kids out for 5 unexcused absences to help with the family tobacco in the fall and kids are still excused to tend to their livestock at the County Fair each fall. To slight this way of living or their educational resources is wrong. The school should have thought a little harder about where to do this new weight room instead of taking from others.

What kind of post would you have if Soccer needed a locker room and they gave them the football locker room and said, "go dress in the gym"? Enough said.

I don't think Agriculture is a joke, and did not in any way slight someone's way of living. I believe I said the way this class is conducted is a joke. I said this in response to the statement that parents had come to a school meeting about the class! I wish more parents would get outraged by the state of the Greenup Educational system as a whole, not just because they want to get involved in some type of drama. Why aren't parents storming the school on behalf of textbooks? Not that they are in poor condition, but the fact that, basically we do not have any!! If Greenup wants to offer a serious Agriculture course, then they should do so! There are many benefits to understanding the science behind fertilization/grow cycles, etc.

I don't care one way or another, where the new weight room is located. Just that it is finally located, somewhere!

So there was a meeting regarding the Ag class? Seriously? You would think they would be in an uproar that this class is conducted in the manner it is! A student joke, easy A, etc. There very well may be scholarship opportunities for kids interested in agriculture, but how many students at Greenup actually pursue this type of degree?

It seems that there is a faction at Greenup that does not want to see our athletic programs improved. The weightroom is to be used for all programs, not just football. Why does there seem to be an "either/or" mentality developing at Greenup? There are millions of dollars coming to Greenup for academics from the stimulus bill. Those that want to see more positive things develop academically should spend time working/developing programs that improve our school educationally and not working to tear down athletics.

I couldn't agree more!

I don't think Agriculture is a joke, and did not in any way slight someone's way of living. I believe I said the way this class is conducted is a joke. I said this in response to the statement that parents had come to a school meeting about the class! I wish more parents would get outraged by the state of the Greenup Educational system as a whole, not just because they want to get involved in some type of drama. Why aren't parents storming the school on behalf of textbooks? Not that they are in poor condition, but the fact that, basically we do not have any!! If Greenup wants to offer a serious Agriculture course, then they should do so! There are many benefits to understanding the science behind fertilization/grow cycles, etc.

I don't care one way or another, where the new weight room is located. Just that it is finally located, somewhere!

I completely agree!

[/size][/b]

Well apparently there was enough up roar about it that there was a meeting on Thursday night and enough parents came out concerning it. I'm sure there are a lot of classes in school that some people may not get anything out of but if you look at the scholarship list at GCHS this year, 2 full pages and 90% of the scholarships for college has something to do with farming. So apparently someone thinks it is important.

And what does this bold statement mean anyway?

:thumb: :ohbrother: