2009 Greenup County

Ram

I would agree with a previous poster the program needs to show some progress before you start pouring money in left and right. Hopefully Coach Copley and his staff can do that.

That is true to an extent, it has been 30 years, 30 years, since any major money has been spent on the program. It is time to do the things that are needed the most - 1) give Coach the coaches he needs, 2) build a first class fieldhouse, 3) lights 4) stadium seating.

Then we will be up on the level with the folks we are competing with in facilities.

This needs to happen and I believe will happen.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when does spring football start,

Bylaw 25. Limitation of Seasons

Sec. 5) Sports Specific Limitations - Football - Boys

(8) Each football school may conduct ten (10) practice

periods of not more than two (2) hours in length and not

more than one practice per day over ten (10) days

during the three calendar school weeks following the

school’s elimination from post-season play in basketball.

All equipment authorized by the football playing rules

may be used during this period. There can be no interschool

competition during this period, and all

participants must be eligible according to all KHSAA

eligibility rules.

Bylaw 25. Limitation of Seasons

Sec. 5) Sports Specific Limitations - Football - Boys

(8) Each football school may conduct ten (10) practice

periods of not more than two (2) hours in length and not

more than one practice per day over ten (10) days

during the three calendar school weeks following the

school’s elimination from post-season play in basketball.

All equipment authorized by the football playing rules

may be used during this period. There can be no interschool

competition during this period, and all

participants must be eligible according to all KHSAA

eligibility rules.

Ok, English please. LOL:idunno:

So 3 weeks after the district?, regional, or state which one the team makes right?

Thanks Ram for keeping me straight. :confused:

Ok, English please. LOL:idunno:

So 3 weeks after the district?, regional, or state which one the team makes right?

Thanks Ram for keeping me straight. :confused:

:lol:The clock does not start until the first Monday after both Greenup County's boys and girls basketball teams are eliminated from post season play, then the football team has three weeks to have ten practices not longer then two hours long each, and no more then one practice per day.

Ram I had heard that the schools were not having the passing league this season due to some changes that allowed the boys more time off in the summer,Is this true?

Passing leagues have been changed from June to July. The change was made to accomodate other sports, not really to give boys more time off. The only "official time off" is still the dead period.

Ram I had heard that the schools were not having the passing league this season due to some changes that allowed the boys more time off in the summer,Is this true?

This is something that has really stuck in my craw. What was done was, the football coaches and basketball coaches, around the state, decided to give basketball the month of June, with no football activities against other teams. And football is supposed to get July, with no basketball activities against other schools. But, in reality, AAU and other outside basketball activities will go on no matter what the football coaches say, but football is left high and dry in June. Really ticks me off.

So, you can have intramural passing scrimmages in June, but no competition against other schools. In July you can have inter-school competitions, but I doubt you will see as much as you have in the past, mainly because a lot of passing tournaments were supported by colleges, such as UK, UL, KCU, and others. And they had them in June, when they weren't doing things with their college teams. Now, I doubt you see as many college passing scrimmages, because the college coaches will be getting ready for their seasons in July, and probably won't want to have those activities in July.

To answer your question, there may still be some passing scrimmages in July, but not as much as there used to be. And, you will not see any passing scrimmages in June.