People will do anything.

swamprat

Got an email from an Uncle in E-Town this afternoon.

"I was talking to a neighbor this morning and he told me that he bought a generator last week and had it running for the furnace and refridgerator. His wife woke him one morning and told him the house was cold but the generator was still running. He went out back and there was a lawnmower sitting there running and the generator was gone."

You can't have anything anymore without some low life stealing it. :irked:

"I was talking to a neighbor this morning and he told me that he bought a generator last week and had it running for the furnace and refridgerator. His wife woke him one morning and told him the house was cold but the generator was still running. He went out back and there was a lawnmower sitting there running and the generator was gone."

That sucks. However, that was pretty creative on the thief's part.

Unless this was a wide spread event. My Mom works with that neighbor in E-Town or heard about it at work (can't remember which one).

I heard a radio station in Paducah announced one day this week that FEMA was in town and would be conducting welfare checks around the city. About an hour later, the station came back on the air after hundreds of calls and said to quit calling the station and asking where people could pick up their FEMA welfare checks.

I heard a radio station in Paducah announced one day this week that FEMA was in town and would be conducting welfare checks around the city. About an hour later, the station came back on the air after hundreds of calls and said to quit calling the station and asking where people could pick up their FEMA welfare checks.

Does not surprise me one bit. Just sad.

Two things that I cannot stand are thief or a liar. Unfortunately, this story does not suprise me and I am afraid that this kind of thing is only going to get worse. I hope that somehow you find the scum bucket cowards and hook that generator up to a certain part of their anatomy. (other than that, I agree with post #5 and #6).

Like I said, a thief or a liar.......:madman:

On Wednesday last week, the day after the storm, there was a guy in the Lowe's parking lot in Henderson selling generators out of the back of his truck. Lowe's was out of them and he was selling them for about 4 times what Lowe's sold them for. They had one that was 3000 watts they sold for $349, he was selling it for about $1200, and a 5000 watt that sold for $649 he was selling for over $2000.

On Wednesday last week, the day after the storm, there was a guy in the Lowe's parking lot in Henderson selling generators out of the back of his truck. Lowe's was out of them and he was selling them for about 4 times what Lowe's sold them for. They had one that was 3000 watts they sold for $349, he was selling it for about $1200, and a 5000 watt that sold for $649 he was selling for over $2000.

Good thinking on his part. Solid investment, eh?

I was thinking more along the lines of scum bag.

Yeah, on one hand. But it is not like he was forcing people to buy them. And with all the global warming talk, buying a dozen generators seemed like a risky investment. And without him selling them, people would have been in even worse shape.