People will do anything.

swamprat

On Wednesday last week, the day after the storm, there was a guy in the Lowe's parking lot in Henderson selling generators out of the back of his truck. Lowe's was out of them and he was selling them for about 4 times what Lowe's sold them for. They had one that was 3000 watts they sold for $349, he was selling it for about $1200, and a 5000 watt that sold for $649 he was selling for over $2000.

That's just a smart businessman right there.

Yeah, on one hand. But it is not like he was forcing people to buy them. And with all the global warming talk, buying a dozen generators seemed like a risky investment. And without him selling them, people would have been in even worse shape.

So an ice storm hits knocking out 80% of the towns power. This guy goes to the local Lowe's and buys all or at least a good portion of the generators they have in stock. People begin flooding the store looking for generators except they only have a few or none because this guy bought all of them. But don't worry, you can have one of his at a 400% markup.

Nothing like taking advantage of people in a tragedy.

So an ice storm hits knocking out 80% of the towns power. This guy goes to the local Lowe's and buys all or at least a good portion of the generators they have in stock. People begin flooding the store looking for generators except they only have a few or none because this guy bought all of them. But don't worry, you can have one of his at a 400% markup.

:thumb: We agree here!

Just out of curiousity, did he defininetly buy them from Lowe's and then immediately start selling them in the parking lot? If so, then yes that is crummy. But if he bought them a while back I don't have much of a problem with it.

Just out of curiousity, did he defininetly buy them from Lowe's and then immediately start selling them in the parking lot? If so, then yes that is crummy. But if he bought them a while back I don't have much of a problem with it.

I don't know as I didn't see the generators he was selling. I can only go by want a two friends of mine told me. It is possible that he bought them weeks ago on the chance the worst ice storm in the state history would come through and knock out 600,000 peoples power.