Greenup County names Mike Copley the new Football Coach

sidelinedoc

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raceland has 3games before the season. Meet the Rams, Frankfort and West Carter. That's great for the young players. You can find out what they bring to the table.

Meet the Rams is more of an open practice for the parents and fans to get a look at the team. They, sometimes, do have some intrasquad scrimmage. But, the two real scrimmages will be a good measuring stick for the team and get some experience for the players that did not start last year. I think the Frankfort scrimmage will tell a lot about what Raceland will be able to do in the early season.

Mike Copley: “I want the kids wearing green, black and gold and fighting for each other and not against each other,” he said. “It’s kind of a family thing. It starts at that little level.”

This is great, now we just have to get the parents on board and working together!

I heard that Greenup will be playing Portsmouth Notre Dame in 2009 @ Lloyd and next year GC going to play at Spartan Stadium against ND in 2010. Are we not playing Wheelersburg? I rather play the Burg than ND JMO.:irked:

I hope Coach Copley visits the GC basketball & baseball teams to spread his excitement about football.:cool: Those teams have too many one sport kids IMO. What do we have coming back this fall 2 seniors. :idunno:

I heard that Greenup will be playing Portsmouth Notre Dame in 2009 @ Lloyd and next year GC going to play at Spartan Stadium against ND in 2010. Are we not playing Wheelersburg? I rather play the Burg than ND JMO.:irked:

I hope Coach Copley visits the GC basketball & baseball teams to spread his excitement about football.:cool: Those teams have too many one sport kids IMO. What do we have coming back this fall 2 seniors. :idunno:

We have 6 seniors coming back next fall. Blaylock, Crum, Waugh, Farr, Glynn, and Virgin. Now that Rister went to Raceland will Crum tryout for the QB place?:idunno:

I would say out of the 6 seniors only 2 got any real playing time on the varsity level. I would say Crum or Dustin Linthicum if come's out.
David Duncan has played QB in the past. Matt Jones would be a great fit at QB in this offense if he comes out.

We are going to get these kids out like Mike Hampton, Dustin L, and all the other talent we have walking the halls. This year is going to be one to work hard and take some lumps but we will win some games but watch out for next year, the future is bright at GCHS!

Matt or David would make a good QB, Crum is going to go out in the QB slot too, maybe Waugh...

We are going to get these kids out like Mike Hampton, Dustin L, and all the other talent we have walking the halls. This year is going to be one to work hard and take some lumps but we will win some games but watch out for next year, the future is bright at GCHS!

Matt or David would make a good QB, Crum is going to go out in the QB slot too, maybe Waugh...

QB is pretty much going to be another running back in this offense. Waugh might not be a bad idea.