Greenup County names Mike Copley the new Football Coach

sidelinedoc

One of the biggest assets I think Coach Copley will be bringing to Greenup County is his commitment to Junior Football. I know he was involved in this in Pikeville and realizes the importance of having a good "feeder program." His strength/conditioning experience and defensive coach experience are also perfect fits with what Greenup needs right now.

Congratulations Coach Copley! Go Musketeers!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's that work?:idunno:

As others have said, it is the triple option attack. I love the offense, it is old school football. I describe it best Line up, here it comes and you stop it :D.......Establish the fullback, sweep/option it off the end to get on the corners then trap it back across. Throw in the play acton pass, throwing it downfield.

The "Remember the Titans" movie had a line in it that kind of describes it...when the coaching staff was questioning the new coach coming in about his playbook being so small, he replied....."Six plays gentlemen. It's kinda like novacaine in that it takes a while but it is very effective". ;)

There are different versions and I hope that I described it correctly.

One of the biggest assets I think Coach Copley will be bringing to Greenup County is his commitment to Junior Football. I know he was involved in this in Pikeville and realizes the importance of having a good "feeder program." His strength/conditioning experience and defensive coach experience are also perfect fits with what Greenup needs right now.

Congratulations Coach Copley! Go Musketeers!

At the youth/JFL level is a where a "program" starts and is the life blood of the program imo.

At the youth/JFL level is a where a "program" starts and is the life blood of the program imo.

Oldrambler, you are correct. I believe that all major JFL programs try to emulate the high school systems. Greenup will very much benefit from applying this to theirs as well.

Copley wants to be involved at every level and throughout the community.

Hey. Rec Has he already been anounced. Who will be paying the assisants?

No it has not been officially announced as of yet, so anything could happen but he is the one that has the nod currently and he does want the job.

It is my understanding he is going to bring two coaches with him and he is going to talk to the coaches that are with the program currently, tell them his objectives and expectations and then make a decision afterwards on what he needs to make the program successful. The BOE has stated that they will support the hiring of more assistant coaches for our program at GCHS if justified and within reason.

The past two years the JFL program has been doing really well for itself. The middle school program needs the most work.

I would agree with this assessment. I believe that this is the level that matters most when implementing the high school offensive and defensive schemes.