Steelers 23 Ravens 14

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game to watch.

First off I hope Willis is okay. Nasty hit. I didn't expect Clark to get up so quick though with the way his arms fell after the helmets hit.

Second, like others have said Tomlin is a class guy. I hate to say it because he coaches for the Steelers but he seems to be a great guy. The way he stood there and checked on Willis to me was a great act of sportsmanship. Anyone else think that he might have been mad he got the Gatorade cooler dumped on him in freezing weather?

Noone should sell Kurt Warner short. I dont believe the Cardinals have enough to deny the Steelers, but the Warner factor is dangerous. I believe he has now played himself into the HOF.

I agree. Back to the super bowl with the Arizona Cardinals. THE ARIZONA CARDINALS!!! Who'd a thunk it! While I think the Steelers win their 6th super bowl, ... I wouldn't count out Warner and the Cardinals. He handles the blitz so well that it will make for a VERY interesting game.

He saved Ben a sorry pick in the endzone. Ben should be thanking him publicly on a terrible throw.

Your Steeler hate is no secret, and the throw Ben made that Sweed broke up was poor. DB had position, Sweed did a good job defending, perhaps he should be a DB. What's the old adage? DB's are wide receivers who can't catch?

You can hate on him all you want, but for the most part he shredded the Ravens when he had time. Holmes pass that was reversed when he stretched for the goal line should have been a catch if he'd simply went to the ground with it. And the drop from Sweed wide open goes without saying. Ben stuck balls in spots where the Ravens simply needed to make a play and couldn't (1st drive pass to Ward for instance) He did take 4 sacks, and I thought he could have unloaded a couple of those and avoid the loss, however, he also kept plays alive and made some big completions to keep the chains moving.

Why do the Steelers have the sorriest punter in the sport? Really, why? That's simply something that there's no excuse for. The fact that he's not cost them a game yet is another resounding testament for their defense. He handicaps them more often than not with punts that LRCW could make for cryin' out loud.

Your Steeler hate is no secret, and the throw Ben made that Sweed broke up was poor. DB had position, Sweed did a good job defending, perhaps he should be a DB. What's the old adage? DB's are wide receivers who can't catch?

You can hate on him all you want, but for the most part he shredded the Ravens when he had time. Holmes pass that was reversed when he stretched for the goal line should have been a catch if he'd simply went to the ground with it. And the drop from Sweed wide open goes without saying. Ben stuck balls in spots where the Ravens simply needed to make a play and couldn't (1st drive pass to Ward for instance) He did take 4 sacks, and I thought he could have unloaded a couple of those and avoid the loss, however, he also kept plays alive and made some big completions to keep the chains moving.

I think Sweed ought to apologize to Ben for dropping that TD pass as well. ;) I thought Ben played a heck of a game. 1 or 2 throws were bad, but nearly all of the rest were solid throws. The Steelers had NO running game, and the offense was put squarely on his shoulders.

I think Sweed ought to apologize to Ben for dropping that TD pass as well. ;) I thought Ben played a heck of a game. 1 or 2 throws were bad, but nearly all of the rest were solid throws. The Steelers had NO running game, and the offense was put squarely on his shoulders.

Yeah that throw to Holmes was a dart. Wobbling all the way and the defender slips down on that perfectly manicured field. Ben makes some of his luck but gets bailed out by his teammates quite a bit.

:dancingpa Just got back from Pittsburgh and all I can say is wow. My dad and I had great seats in section 121 and if I figure out how to get our pictures up I will for all my fellow Steelers fans. Last night was truly a night I will never forget, Steelers fans are without a doubt the best in the world. The rush you get seeing 60,000 terrible towels waving is like none other, this place was so full of energy last night it was unbelievable. Tampa here we come!!!

Ben also had a nice throw to Parker around the 15 yardline that might have been a score. Ben played a great game against a really good defense.

I do have a question about the Clark hit. I know it wasn't a dirty play, but when there is a helmet to helmet hit, isn't it a penalty normally?

I am not for sure. It looked to me that he led with his shoulder, but the helments made contact.